How To Get a 6 Figure Salary
Even without a Degree or Masters
Free Event Register here
East African Community (EAC) Jobs, Clerk Jobs, Accountant Jobs
Open Job Opportunities
- EACS: Director Customs
- EACS: Police Liaison Officer
- EACS: Principal Human Resources Officer
- EACS: Principal Civil Engineer
- EACS: Principal Administrative Officer
- EACS: Principal Health Officer
- EACS: Principal Civil Aviation Officer
- EACS: Senior Export Promotion Officer
- EACS: Senior Standards Officer
- EACS: Senior Budget Officer
- EACS: Senior Systems Analyst
- EACS: Security Officer
- EALA: Clerk
- EALA: Deputy Clerk
- EALA: Hansard Editor
- EALA: Senior Clerk Assistant
- EALA: Hansard Reporter
- EALA: Research Officer
- EALA: Network Administrator
- EACJ: Deputy Registrar
- EACJ: Senior Personal Secretary
- EACA: Deputy Registrar (Monopolies & Cartels)
- EACA: Deputy Registrar (Mergers & Acquisitions)
- EACA: Senior Personal Secretary
- EACA: Accounts Assistant
- LVBC: Deputy Executive Secretary
- LVBC: Human Resources Officer
- LVBC: Legal Officer
- LBVC: Information Technology Officer
- EAKC: Executive Secretary
- Deputy Executive Secretary (Projects & Programs)
- EAKC: Principal Research Development Officer
- EAKC: Principal Curriculum Development Officer
- EAHRC: Executive Secretary
- EAHRC: Deputy Executive Secretary Research
- EAHRC: Principal Knowledge Management Officer
- EAHRC: Principal Ethics, Regulatory & Research Environments Officer
- EAHRC: Senior ICT Officer
- EAHRC: Procurement Officer
- EASTECO: Executive Secretary
- EASTECO: Deputy Executive Secretary (Programmes & Projects)
Click Here for detailed Job Description
CLERK (1 post) (REF: EAC/HR/2020-21/13)
- Grade: P5
- Department: Office of the Clerk
- Organ: East African Legislative Assembly (EALA)
- Reports to: Speaker
- Duty Station: Arusha, Tanzania
Main Purpose of the Job:
- In charge of the day to day management; administrative and procedural affairs of the Assembly.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Shall be the Executive officer of the Assembly;
- Responsible for the day to day administrative work of the Assembly including the convening and facilitation of its meetings, transmission and distribution of documents, recording of proceedings, preparation of all sectoral documentation and facilitation for Members of the Assembly;
- Responsible for the proper Management of the Assembly’s finances and other resources;
- Prepare the Assembly’s procedural documentation including session papers, bills, motions and reports;
- Draw up Order of business, Agenda and Order Paper for Sittings of the Assembly;
- Prepare and plan the strategic programme of activities, policy decisions, budget and coordinate general functioning of the Assembly;
- Act as the Chief custodian of all records and other documents belonging or presented to the assembly;
- Responsible for the official reports of the Assembly;
- Ensure that the Assembly’s Rules of Procedure are complied with;
- Provide guidance to Professional Staff of the Assembly; and
- Carry out such other duties imposed upon him/her by the Treaty and the Rules of Procedure of the Assembly.
(NOTE: Would you like to know the BIGGEST CV mistake you can make? Find out plus the Top 8 Ways To Make Your CV Stand Out.)
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Masters Degree in Public Administration, Law, Social Sciences or a related field from a recognized institution with specialized training in Parliamentary administration and procedures.
- At least fifteen (15) years working experience in a similar or related position preferably within a Parliamentary set – up. Should have served for not less than five years at the level of Deputy Clerk.
Skills and competencies :
- Should have strong pro-active, drafting and organizational skills. Should have good skills in management and the ability to deal with people in different capacities.
Eligibility for applications:
- Applicants from all EAC Partner States are eligible to apply for the above position.
Terms and Conditions of Service:
- The above position is tenable for a contract of five (5) years renewable once.
- This position is subject to the application of the Quota System.
- The established posts offer attractive fringe benefits including housing allowance, transport allowance, education allowance, a medical scheme, and insurance cover.
(NOTE:Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2020 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID.Get the details here)
- All candidates applying must have qualifications that are recognized by the relevant national accreditation body in their respective Partner State. This condition is applicable for locally and internationally attained qualifications.
- All professions that require registration with the specific professional bodies will be expected to do so in compliance with the requirements of their respective Partner States.
Relevant Working Experience:
- Internship, training, and apprenticeship will not be considered as relevant work experience.
- The EAC is an equal opportunity employer; therefore, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply. EAC will only respond to those candidates who strictly meet the set requirements.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates who meet the qualification and experience requirements for the above mentioned position are advised to :
- Fill in the application form attached (download from here);
- attach their application letter, a detailed CV, Copies of certified academic certificates, and a copy of National Identity Card or Passport in PDF format scanned in one (1) file.
- Please quote the respective reference number on both the application letter and envelope.
- For electronic submission, please quote the respective reference number on the subject of the email and send to the address given below.
- Applications should be submitted to the address below not later than Friday, 21st August 2020.
- You may submit your application either electronically or in hard copy but not both.
- Applications which do not :
- have EAC application form;
- indicate nationality and age;
- have the reference number;
- or have an application letter attached;
- have certified copies of their academic degrees and other professional Certificates;
- or fail to provide three referees will be disqualified.
- Only qualified candidates will be contacted
- EAC Staff Rules and Regulations preclude considerations of applicants above 55 years of age.
- Please note that EAC does not require candidates to pay money for the recruitment process. All invitations for interviews will be done in writing.
- A due diligence will be conducted for all successful candidates in respect of their academic certificates (certification by a recognized higher education body in the respective Partner States) and employment records .
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview