FREE CAREER COACHING for You
Get Your Career in The Right Path
Advert Number: 238/2020
Position: Assistant Director – Youth Development,
Job Group/Grade: CSG7
Salary Scale: Ksh 85,110.00 – Ksh 119,730.00 PM
(NOTE:Are you feeling stuck in your career? Get FREE career and professional consultation, coaching and mentoring.Join us for the FREE Professional Development Training.We have limited space. Book your spot here.)
Ministry: The Ministry Of Information, Communication And Technology, Innovation and Youth Affairs
Department: State Department for Youth Affairs
Qualifications and Requirements:
For appointment to this grade an officer must have:-
- Served for a minimum period of eight (8) years and currently serving in the grade of Senior Youth Development Officer, CSG 9 and above or in a comparable and relevant position in the wider public service;
- A Bachelors Degree in Social Sciences from a university recognized in Kenya; and
- demonstrated merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
Duties and Responsibilities
An officer at this level will be deployed to a County Youth Development Office to coordinate the implementation of youth Development programmes within the county. Specific duties and responsibilities will include: –
- liaising with stakeholders on research and dissemination of information on youth development issues;
- participating in the development of guidelines to strengthen linkages and dynamic partnerships with stakeholders on absorption of youth into employment, internship and volunteerism;
- coordinating youth participation in environmental conservation;
- monitoring and following up on the implementation of youth development activities and programmes;
- coordinating preparation of performance management reports; and
- supervising and coordinating staff management, training and development
Method of Application
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the positions shown below.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications ONLINE through the Commission website: www.publicservice.go.ke or jobs portal: www.psckjobs.go.ke
By completing ONE PSC 2 (Revised 2016) application form. Download the PSC Job Application Form revised here
- Candidates should provide all the details requested for in the advertisement. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The Public Service Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyans diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities. THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
- It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
- Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Applications should reach the Commission on or before 29th September 2020 latest by 5.00 p.m. (East African Time).
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview