Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Sales jobs, Marketing jobs, Business Development jobs, Administration jobs, Finance jobs,
Bring your possibility to life! Define your career with us
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
(NOTE: Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree or Masters working with NGOs and the UN. Get More Details Here.)
To plan, manage and monitor the implementation of operational and administrative activities and processes in order to deliver on approved operational plans in an effective and efficient manner
People Management: Coach, mentor and manage team members toward driving business objectives and ensuring colleague development | Stakeholder Management: Actively engage internal and external stakeholders to ensure customer satisfaction | Business Performance: Ensure own and team performance against business, efficiency and continuous improvement targets, as well as customer outcomes | Compliance and Risk Management: Ensure that all team activities are in adherence to relevant control and compliance requirements, and quality standards | Administration: Effectively fulfil all required administrative duties, including tracking and reporting | : | : | :
Bachelor`s Degrees and Advanced Diplomas: Financial Sciences (Required)
Financial & General Administration: Attach supporting documentation, i.e. credit approval, authorisation & invoices, signed spread sheet and make copies of all mentioned documentation for audit purposes Provide regular management information update, i.e. invoices paid to Line Manager Attend to queries within 24 hours with regards to incomplete documents, not signed documents etc. and escalate to Line Manager in the event of non resolution Take ownership when dealing with customer requests, offer solutions and concludes complaint constructively Maintain financial files and records by safely and systemically storing source documents on files/system Address ad-hoc queries from internal and external stakeholders (e.g. Group Tax, Private Bank Management) by asking questions to ascertain customer needs and respond effectively, ensuring high quality work and by meeting the required deadline Perform general administration duties with regards finance duties | Reporting & Compliance: Prepare weekly/monthly/quarterly reports and report on variances Take accountability to ensure that accurate and timely financial reporting obligations are met for weekly/monthly reporting by accurately preparing reports, journals and reconciliations and working with the specified deadlines. Prepare the Business Unit Procure to Purchase monthly report and follow up on discrepancies Liaise with Group Sourcing regarding any procurement/sourcing queries raised by cost centre management.ie. non-compliance vendors with Master Service Agreement Assist in the preparation of the Annual Financial Statements for the SBU by collating and submitting information to the line manager. Obtain and keep abreast with all technical and specialist knowledge such as changes to Companies Act, Tax and other standards and legislation applicable. Prepare journal summaries for correct reporting in the financial statement Prepare Value Added Tax (VAT) pack monthly in accordance with applicable legislation, ensuring correctness of the packs and timeously submit the pack to Group Tax after review by the Finance manager. Comply with Risk Management principles and Model Risk Policy by understanding and keeping up-to-date with updates on these policies. Keep up to date with changes in accounting standards (IFRS) and other regulatory requirements. Prepare attestations for sign off by the Financial Manager, Chief Financial Officer 3 and Managing Executive for submission to Group Regulatory reporting on a monthly basis. Complete the section relating to recons when preparing the monthly Financial Director (FD) attestations indicating compliance with relevant legislation and Group requirements for all financial reporting activities | Reconciliation & Budgeting: Prepare monthly reconciliations for all accounts on the General Ledger Control Framework attaching valid supporting documents (e.g. signed off journals, general ledger printouts, etc.) for each recon (i.e. investigate transactions as required) in accordance with the Accounts and Reconciliation Policy (A&OR). Reconcile the SBU’s bank statement with the internal ledger accounts Reconcile Miscellaneous and other government services transactions Assist in preparation of the monthly/quarterly departmental budgets by collecting and preparing all the relevant information Conduct daily recons on control accounts and action any deviations found, for example when an incorrect GL Account has been debited and a recon has to be done to rectify it. Resolve all unreconciled items from prior month and discuss any long outstanding items with the FMR.
National Diplomas and Advanced Certificates: Financial Sciences (Required)
SALES TO RETAIL CUSOTMERS
- Deliver exceptional sales performance by identifying and meeting customer needs through selling & cross selling of all Absa Bank Retail products and services.
- Provide direct “hands on” sales support (quality lead generation and effective follow-up) to generate and convert quality leads into sales.
- Participate in specific product campaigns by ensuring that the products are explained to customers.
- Agree, meet and exceed targets for specific sales campaigns.
- Maintain own sales performance statistics for management information usage.
- Own and manage personal products & channel sales targets to contribute towards the direct sales objectives and targets.
- Refer to the appropriate area of delivery for specialist product help or advise (e.g. Schemes or Mortgage) when uncertain about the product delivery or application process. Respond directly to the customer.
- Complete account opening documentation together with customers and submit to Line Manager for review before submitting to operations for processing.
- When selling loans to Retail customers, complete the financial analysis and statement review on customer accounts. Where customers do not meet the minimum criteria, advise the customer verbally or in writing as the customer requires. Report such denials to the Line Manager on a daily basis.
- Call customers when their accounts have been opened and provide the customer with contact information for the branch at which their account is held.
- Own customer queries and complaints around account opening, loans and card applications and resolve in a timely manner. Escalate any unresolved queries, or queries not resolved in a short period of time to the Line Manager.
- Build relationships with internal service providers (Operations and the KYC Helpdesk) to ensure a quick turnaround time of escalated queries and complaints.
- Advise customers as soon as new loans are approved and encourage draw-downs on the new loans
- Open scheme loan accounts referred by the Scheme Loans Relationship Managers
OPERATIONAL RIGOUR, COMPLIANCE AND CONTROLS
“Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Absa Policies and Policy Standards. Understand and manage risks and risk events (incidents) relevant to the role.”
- Ensure accuracy of each new account application, loan document, Barclaycard application and all other customer documents. Lead Generators (LGs) are held personally accountable for accuracy and quality of these and supporting documents that they complete and submit.
- Achieve operational rigor excellence in all aspects of procedures and processes personally undertaken to ensure green audit.
- Follow the Retail end to end account opening ensuring new accounts are authorized and KYC compliant. Escalate any items that exceed the agreed service level time lines or where there are unresolved KYC requirements, to the Line Manager.
- Comply with general Absa operational risk & rigor requirements e.g. Health & Safety standards and security of premises, KYC and anti-money laundering regulations.
CONTRIBUTE TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE TEAM
- Share knowledge and experience with other Lead Generators in the team.
- Provide cover for other Lead Generators in case of excessive workload or absence.
- Deputize for the Line Manager whenever required.
- Agree annual performance objectives with the Sales Manager, including specific sales targets.
- Pursue continued improvement in personal development by participating in development programs and training