Work with NGOs Starting Salary- Ksh 200k
A subsidiary of Resolution Group, Resolution Credit is a non-bank finance lender. Our focus is on consumer and SME lending and other value adding finance services. These complement the Group’s value proposition that includes general and health insurance services (offered by Resolution Insurance) that we offer to our customers and the public. Our loan offerings include Insurance Premium Financing, Mobile cash, Salaried Personal Loans, Asset financing, Broker financing and Invoice discounting.
The Account’s overall purpose is to consolidate the account operations to ensure efficiency and timeliness in the accounting duties with the objective of impacting the bottom-line positively. The jobholder is expected to monitor the bank and Mpesa statements on a daily basis, flag out all bounced cheques and advise on account suspension while equally advising on lifting of accounts made good. Bank reconciliation will be done on a monthly basis as well as handling the monthly payables and receivables in addition to the budgets and management accounts.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Timely and up to date bank reconciliations.
- Preparation of audit schedules both for internal and external audit.
- Processing the monthly payments and maintaining an up to date and accurate payables accounts.
- Maintaining the receivables accounts and ensuring prompt receipt of all receivables.
- Daily monitoring of the bank and Mpesa statements and maintaining an up to date and accurate schedules of the debits and credits.
- Generating a daily list of the clients whose instalments have not been honored.
- Confirming payment for suspended accounts and advising credit on suspension lifting.
- Ensuring that the necessary charges have been levied and paid before account lifting.
- Regular remittance of cash to the Insurance companies for the premium financed.
- Maintaining optimal cash balances in the account and avoiding idle cash.
- Ensuring that all the tax obligations are complied with fully.
- Ensuring all premium underpayments are fully recovered on a monthly basis.
- Discount approvals
Qualifications and Experience
(NOTE: Not sure where to get started on your cover letter? Check our NEWLY UPDATED cover letter template for NGOs for FREE! You can copy and paste this proven sample to create a lasting impression and get invited to the interview right away. Get it here.)
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, banking, economics, statistics or related field.
- At least CPA section IV.
- 2-3 years accounting experience involving budgeting, bank reconciliation and preparation of financial statements.
- Candidates with experience in the banking or insurance sector will have an added advantage
Desired Skills and Qualities
- Excellent skills with Microsoft office.
- Keen and attentive to finer details.
- Good time management skills.
- Ability to work responsibly with or without direct supervision.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
How to Apply
If you believe you are a team player and would be a valuable resource to this ever growing brand, kindly visit our careers page on www.resolution.co.ke by Close of Business on Friday, 20th September 2019 Applications should be made strictly through the careers portal. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.