About The Role
- We are seeking to recruit a detail-oriented Accountant. This role will report to the Compliance and Accounting Manager and will be responsible for processing and recording transactions, preparing reports, updating the ledger, assisting with audits, and filing tax and other statutory returns as required.
Duties and responsibilities
- Perform month-end account closing activities and reconciliations.
- Audit Preparation: Prepare financial documents and records for both Internal and external audits and assist with audit processes as necessary.
- Prepare the company’s monthly bank and debit-card reconciliations on a timely basis.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date financial records for the organization, including ledger entries, accounts payable, and accounts receivable.
- Receive and authenticate invoices and ensure all transactions have supporting documents.
- Pay suppliers on the scheduled payment dates and ensure payment remittances are sent to suppliers.
- Manage imprest accounts for various employees.
- Ensuring all expenses related to the petty cash account are booked into the system and with supporting documentation.
- Monthly reconciliation of supplier’s accounts.
- Handle queries from creditors as they arise.
- Responsible for timely reconciliation and filing of all monthly statutory remittances (VAT, Payroll related taxes, WHT)
- Analysing expenses on a monthly basis with the aim of establishing trends, to ensure efficient use of company resources and for cost-cutting initiatives.
- Fixed Asset Register: Create and maintain a comprehensive and up-to-date register of the Company’s assets.
Academic qualification and work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- CPA-K or ACCA qualifications.
- More than 3 years’ experience in accounting and 2 years in an audit environment.
- Previous experience in the same role is an added advantage.
Key skills required
- Thorough knowledge of accounting software packages, including QuickBooks
- Understand basic accounting principles
- High level of integrity and confidentiality
- Ability to multitask and remain motivated and positive
- Proficiency in Intermediate Excel skills
- Thoroughness and attention to detail
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Excellence in verbal and written English