Work with NGOs Starting Salary- Ksh 200k
Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya (CHS) is currently sourcing for high calibre, self-motivated and dynamic individuals on behalf of its subsidiary CHS Institute Limited.
CHS Institute in partnership with Nyandarua County Government is seeking to employ a motivated and proactive individual to fill the position of Accounts Assistant in the Ministry of Health (MoH)/CHS Tegemeza Plus Project, which supports and strengthens HIV/AIDS services in the county.
Reporting to a representative from the Nyandarua County Department of Health in conjunction with CHS, the Accounts Assistant will be responsible for the sound management of the donor funds in conformity with the Generally Accepted Accounting Practices (GAAPs), CHS policies and applicable County Financial procedures as well as USG donor rules and regulations. The incumbent will be required to support health facilities on all accounting aspects while working closely with the CHMT, CHS grants and program teams in carrying out financial management, ensuring compliance, budget monitoring, site monitoring, assets management and preparation of timely and quality financial reports on a regular basis.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Process payments for project-related expenses both at the health facility and at the CHMT level
- Monitor expenditure and performance indicators of the respective sub agreement against the approved activities and budget
- Generate timely and accurate monthly and quarterly financial reports as required by CHS
- Conduct monthly financial site visits in the CHS supported health facilities in order to monitor performance, assess capacity gaps, address/help solve them and capacity build the health facilities in financial management.
- Participate in the budgeting process of the sub-agreement, monitor expenditure, safeguard cash balances and ensure reasonable burn rates within the approved budgets.
- Participate in both programmatic and financial progress review meetings between CHS and the County Department of Health
- Maintain up to date assets log of all assets provided by CHS
- Ensure up to date filing and retention of the sub-agreement financial records and ensure that they are adequately backed up.
- Ensure the sub-agreement complies with the donor requirements, GOK policies and GAAPs
- Develop and implement monthly work plans and determine activities and targets for the period
- Implement recommendations given by the supervisors and timely address of financial reports review issues
- Participate and support in the annual audit/ financial reviews of sub-agreement as applicable
- Perform any other duty assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications and Requirements
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Part II qualification or its equivalent
- A Bachelor’s degree in finance related discipline will be an added advantage
- One year of experience working with MOH/County structures
- Working experience in similar donor funded projects is an added advantage.
- Self-motivated and good interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision
Applications should include the following
- Cover letter and current CV with names and telephone contacts of at least 3 referees
- Copies of academic and professional certificates
- Photocopy of ID
- Testimonials/ Recommendation
Interested applicants are invited to email their applications to email@example.com clearly indicating the subject title as Accounts Assistant: CHS INSTITUTE/ACS/001/2019 by 5.00 PM Sunday, September 15, 2019.
Centre for Health Solutions -Kenya is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.