The position holder will support provision of accounting services to the Finance and Accounts Department in the preparation of the various finance reports, accounts and reconciliation in compliance with Finance Policies and Regulations and the achievements of objectives of the Finance and Accounts Department.
- Ensure safe custody of company cheque books and legal documents.
- Prepare stakeholders requisitions, payment vouchers and forward them for approval to prompt timely pay outs on good and services consumed by the Society.
- Maintain an updated creditors’ schedule and supplier database to stay ahead of outstanding debts payable to the Society vendors
- Verify the suppliers’ payment documentation for completeness, accuracy and authorization to ascertain payouts are made to authentic parties and for authentic supply.
- Carry out bank agent duties inclusive of cash withdrawals, request for bank statements and other such assignments to support the Society’s transactions
- Update cash books on a daily basis ensuring positive bank balance is maintained at all times.
- Process payment vouchers and receipts in ERP system and ensure accuracy of cash transactions data in the system.
- Prepare monthly reconciliation of GL cash accounts to Cash Books
- Handle operational/office petty cash and reimbursements.
- Ensure statutory filing and payments before the due dates
- File Accounting documents to keep accurate records as necessitated by the Accounting practices and Standards
- Post tax returns in iTax system to meet the current Kenya Revenue Authority tax guideline and ensure payments are effected within the statutory period.
Required skills and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Finance related field.
- At least CPA Part II qualification.
- Computer literacy.
- At least three years relevant working experience in a reputable organization.
Method of Application
Submit your CV with three (3) referees, copies of relevant documents and Application to:
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email
Closing Date: 2 February. 2024