Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Finance jobs,Accounting jobs,KNCHR jobs, Entry level jobs,
Accounts Assistant Officer- IPICC Secretariat (REF: KNCHR/ADM/AA/12/2022)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support tracking of the accounts and utilization of the IPICC grant and relevant reporting.
- Prepare suppliers payment vouchers and forward them for approval to prompt timely pay outs on good and services consumed by the commission
- Maintain an updated creditors’ schedule and supplier database to stay ahead of outstanding debts payable to the commission vendors
- Key in expenses against the specific budget lines to keep track of fund balances to avoid over expenditure on approved budgets
- Carry out bank agent duties inclusive of cash withdrawals, negotiation for better exchange rates, request for bank statements and other such assignments to support the commission’s transactions
- Liaise with regional officers to provide technical support on accounts and finance to mitigate audit queries and mishaps that can interrupt the field office functions
- Verify the suppliers’ payment documentation for completeness, accuracy and authorization to ascertain payouts at are made to authentic parties and not to fraudulent schemers
- Process field imprest requests, ensuring that they are paid on time to keep regional office operations fully functional in their execution of the commission’s mandate
- Invoice approved vouchers in the IFMIS system as a necessary step in accounting using the newly established government finance tracking platform
- File Accounting documents to keep accurate records as necessitated by the Public Accounting practices
- Post tax returns in iTax system to meet the current Kenya Revenue Authority tax guideline.
- Higher Diploma in Finance/ Accounts or a related discipline from a recognized institution.
- Part I of Certified Public Accountant (C.P.A) (K) or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- 1 year of service in a comparable position from a reputable organization.
- Knowledge of professional accounting standards including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Knowledge of accounting packages.
- Meet the requirement of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya.
Method of Application
(NOTE: Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree or Masters working with NGOs and the UN. Get More Details Here.)
If you possess the above qualifications, please only submit three (3) documents: 1. A clear application letter addressing the Commission Secretary, 2. A complete and updated Curriculum Vitae and 3. A copy of national ID electronically through firstname.lastname@example.org by 8th December 2022 indicating the correct title and reference number as the subject of the email.