NGO Jobs, Jobs in Kenya, NRC Jobs, Norwegian Refugee Council Jobs,
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across more than 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises.
NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks, and guidelines.
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function.
- Ensure proper filing of documents, Implement, and maintain a filing system for all administrational documents according to procedures.
- Initiate and maintain licenses, leases and contracts with relevant authorities and suppliers.
- Coordinate enrollment and train users on Okta and other NRC online resources.
- Support NRC’s digital workplace tools (workplace, kaya, skype for business)
- Support and train users on use of office 365 and the filing tree
- Schedule computer related services, maintenance, and license renewals
These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus, and type of programme intervention.
- Represent the organization in compound management meetings.
- Regularly prepare the casual and incentive staff payroll data and submit for review.
- Conduct and monitor the security and safety of NRC assets in DMO, TVET, AEP, Hagadera and Dagahaley Compounds
- Coordinate cleaning and renovations of NRC compounds (Care and Main) as well as manage and supervise casual staff. Ensure order and cleanliness of the offices, accommodation and facilities and catering unit.
- Raise requisition, receive, record, distribute and maintain adequate inventory of office and accommodation assets and consumables.
- Arrange for staff and visitors’ accommodation, filling in check in, and follow up with payments.
- Ensure utility bills e.g., electricity and water bills are paid on time in collaboration with the HR Officer
- Ensure network access availability 24/7 and right size of bandwidth is available for the staff in Dadaab.
- Preform and document routine computer preventive maintenance for laptops and desktops.
- Provide user support and trainings on use of productivity applications (office suite and windows 10 professional)
- Manage and update the asset register as well as ensure all NRC assets are registered according to NRC asset management guidelines, Standard Operating Procedures, and donor regulations.
- Ensure NRC assets are in good conditions and monitor maintenance if required. Conduct assets physical check quarterly.
- Ensure proper handover by using (Equipment Check in – Check out) form before assigning to the requester.
- Proper filling of assets related documents (Equipment check in –check out, Waybill, Donation certificate, Asset transfer form, etc.)
- Ensure data backup is done regularly through use of OneDrive sync client.
- Ensure proper implementation of the health, safety and security policies, procedures, processes, and guidelines including evacuation, security audit, drills etc.
- Provide all staff with regular health, safety and security briefings and updates, and ensure that all staff adhere to security policies and procedures.
- Coordinate, organize and facilitate staff evacuation in emergency situations or staff in critical medical conditions.
- Liaise with UN agencies, NGOs, and other external actors to gain security information and analyses in Dadaab.
- Ensure all the necessary Health, safety and security equipment’s are available and in good condition
- Promptly inform NRC Nairobi on any field observations requiring the revision/update of standing health, safety and security policies or procedures
- Experience from working as a Systems Administrator or Safety and Security, in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge of English
Specific skills, knowledge, and experience:
- Bachelor’s, in Business Administration and Information Technology and related course
- Training in Health, safety, and security
- Experience in Administrative and IT functions
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience
- Good investigative and reporting skills
- Ability to coordinate and plan
- Able to work with limited supervision & personal initiative.
- Keen to detail, Reliable and Team player
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks.
NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks.
NRC is an equal opportunities employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality and physical ability.
I’m Daniel Mutuku, a Career Change Coach. I help professionals change their careers and transition to the UN, NGOs and international organisations.
As your career coach, I assist you in getting unstuck in your career. I will support you through the application process, all the way until you secure the job.
Professionals who want to get a job that pays them well for their skills, experience and who strongly want to be in charge of their professional life always have a COACH.
“It is never too late to be what you might have been.”—George Eliot