Get a job with the UN, NGOs & International Organisations
Good Salary and career progression
Find details here
Coordinator Jobs, Project Jobs,
Regional Advocacy Coordinator- TELA Project
AATF is an international not-for-profit organisation that facilitates and promotes public/private partnerships to enhance the food security and livelihoods of smallholder farmers in SSA. AATF works with African governments, private and public technology owners and developers, NGOs, seed companies and African smallholder farmers to identify and access technologies that address farmers’ key problems and empower them through the availability of a choice of agricultural innovations that generate wealth and health for their families and communities.
AATF is a registered charity under the laws of England and Wales and has host country status with the Governments of Kenya and Nigeria. The Foundation depends on the ongoing support and collaboration of different partners and investors to meet its objectives.
(NOTE: Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree or Masters working with NGOs and the UN. Get More Details Here.)
AATF wishes to recruit a suitably qualified Regional Project Advocacy Coordinator, to be based in Nairobi, to lead coordination and implementation of the TELA project’s outreach and advocacy activities across Africa for a period of 3 years, renewable depending on performance and availability of funds.
Under the supervision of the Senior Manager- Communications and Partnerships, the Regional Project Advocacy Coordinator will support the creation of an enabling environment to facilitate approval, commercial release, and uptake of TELA maize varieties in the project countries. This position will require a fair amount of travel across those countries
Functions / Key Results Expected
- Develop and implement an effective outreach and policy advocacy strategy and workplans to support creation of an environment conducive for submission, review approval and commercial release of TELA maize products
- Lead, coordinate and manage in-country TELA Maize project advocacy officers and consultants to ensure effective and efficient delivery of the outreach goals
- Manage the outreach and advocacy budget including ensuring timely fund distribution and prudent utilization across TELA project countries.
- Build and grow a network of champions and collaborators to enhance outreach to key constituents in a timely manner
- Create public awareness and support of TELA maize products in the project countries utilizing a mix of fitting approaches including media (conventional and social); advocacy materials, policy briefs, booklets, reports, videos
- Support monitoring and evaluation efforts through clear documentation, database management and timely production of progress and annual reports for sharing with project and AATF leadership.
- Grow the pool of evidence of the contribution of TELA maize to the development agenda in Sub Saharan Africa
- Any other duties assigned from time to time.
- A good understanding of agricultural biotechnology socio-political and regulatory environments in SSA.
- Ability to coordinate, manage and inspire a diverse group of skilled professionals to work as a team to deliver the project’s mandate efficiently and cost-effectively.
- Excellent high-level networking skills and ability to build and sustain relationships with key partners, especially high-level policymakers and economic elites with vested interest in the maize value chain
- Demonstrable high-level policy and grassroots advocacy and communication skills
- Strong and proven media relations skills and ability to use information technology effectively as a tool and resource for strategic communication and advocacy
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to plan and prioritize work activities to meet the project’s goals and objectives
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to travel including on short notice
|Education:||Master’s degree in Communications, biosciences, or any other relevant discipline from a recognized university|
|Experience:||· At least Five (5) years’ experience in biotechnology advocacy and or partnership project management/leadership/coordination in a science-related field· Experience in social media campaign· Good understanding of the SSA agricultural biotechnology socio-political and policy environments.|
|Language Requirements:||Fluency in written and spoken English. A working knowledge of a 2nd language – French/Portuguese would be an added advantage|
Submission of Applications
Qualified candidates are invited to send their applications on or before 31 December 2021 to email@example.com and clearly indicate on the email subject Regional Advocacy Coordinator- TELA Project. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
AATF is an equal opportunity employer; committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious and ethnic backgrounds and any other diversity groups to apply and become a part of our organization.