Work with NGOs Starting Salary- Ksh 200k
African Agricultural Technology Foundation NGO Job Opportunity Today
The African Agricultural Technology Foundation (AATF) is a not-for-profit organisation that facilitates and promotes public/private partnerships to access, develop, adapt and deliver appropriate agricultural technologies for sustainable use by smallholder farmers in Sub-Saharan Africa. It is headquartered in Nairobi, and its mandate covers sub-Saharan Africa. Since its inception in 2003, AATFs project portfolio has grown to ten (10) active projects, which are at various phases of implementation.
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
The position is a 4 months maternity cover and it bears the responsibility of providing technical assistance in the implementation of the monitoring and evaluation framework for the
organization’s projects and contribute to the design and implementation of related core M&E
research and development activities.
Key duties and responsibilities
(NOTE:Are you feeling stuck in your career? Get FREE career and professional consultation, coaching and mentoring.Join us for the FREE Professional Development Training.We have limited space. Book your spot here.)
- Operationalize the M&E framework designed for the Foundation including and not
limited to: designing program M&E tools for data collection, verification, and
management and reporting
- Support in the development of AATFs project specific tools on clear impact pathways,
theories of change, outcomes, and indicators of progress.
- Support in the development of concept note and proposal developments that require
M&E technical expertise
- Ensure that proper monitoring and evaluation is carried out at outcome level and for ensuring that projects at AATF maintain their strategic vision and that all activities result in the achievement of intended outputs in a cost effective and timely manner.
- Assist Project Managers to develop systematic and realistic monitoring plans that capture quantitative and qualitative data to report on project performance indicators.
- Assist in gathering, summarizing and disseminating relevant technical updates on
program planning monitoring, evaluation and operations research within projects
- Coordinate mid‐term reviews and evaluation of program activities ‐
- Development of quality assurance guidelines and tools to assure quality evaluations
- Assist in the development of evaluation products from AATFs evaluation exercises
Desired Candidate Profile
- At least a bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business Administration, Statistics, social
sciences or any other field from a recognized University.
- At least 3 years’ experience in Monitoring and Evaluation
- Expertise in analyzing data using statistical software
- Proven ICT skills, especially in the development of MIS software using database
- Strong communication and presentation skills including ability to write reports;
- Proficiency in computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint
and Outlook express including statistical packages
Method of Application
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) to AATF Head of Human Resources at email@example.com on or before 5th October 2018. Please indicate the position on subject line of your email.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
(NOTE: Not sure where to get started on your cover letter? Check our NEWLY UPDATED cover letter template for NGOs for FREE! You can copy and paste this proven sample to create a lasting impression and get invited to the interview right away. Get it here.)
African Agricultural Technology Foundation is an equal opportunity employer; committed to
diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious and ethnic backgrounds and any other diversity groups whose diversity is within AATF means to apply and become a part of our organization.