How To Get a 6 Figure Salary
Even without a Degree or Masters
Free Event Register here
By Appointment Africa Job Opportunities
By Appointment Africa Job Opportunities in Kenya
By Appointment Africa is the leading Kenyan recruitment agency for candidates and employers in the public and private sector.
Safari Operations Manager
JOB REF: TC/OM/1
(Note:If you have ever wanted to work with NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, International Development Community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID.Here is your chance, click here)
Our client is a start-up travel agency, operating from out of their Nairobi Head Quarters. They have a team of modern world explorers and focus on off-the-beaten track trips, letting travelers experience the real Africa.
They are looking for a Safari Operations Manager for their Africa market. They have numerous trips lined up and want a responsible operations manager who will be in charge to ensure that all goes well with their guests. The incumbent will be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
What will you be doing?
- Managing the operations team (consists currently of 3 people but is growing)
- You will be in direct contact with their sales teams and together with them develop the trip. You will be guiding sales on possibilities with regard to transport, activities, accommodation.
- You will be responsible for all bookings, making sure they are on time, correct and as a result every trip goes smoothly
- Oversee bookings of accommodation, transport, flights and activities. Your team will do the bookings, you have to be on it.
Who are we looking for?
- You have experience in the travel industry in Eastern Africa (preferably Kenya).
- Kenyan citizen with at least 5 years’ experience in a similar capacity
- You want to be part of a young, creative, fast growing travel startup that shows the real Africa and let her clients experience real off the beaten tracks
- You worked as a manager before and possess good managerial skills
- You have knowledge on Tourism in Kenya, you know the places that would interest tourists
- You have experience with bookings of trips, flights, accommodations, transport, etc.
- You are an extrovert, outgoing, enthusiastic and fun to be around
- Cultural openness and ability to interact with and connect to people from diverse backgrounds
(NOTE:Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2021 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID.Get the details click here)
An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
Our client provides fully fledged operations of underwriting general insurance services to individual and corporate clients in East Africa.
They are looking for a dynamic Executive Secretary. The Executive Secretary’s role will be responsible for effective management of all aspects of the Executive Office in a mature and professional manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Attending to incoming and outgoing email, emails and all other correspondence, including confidential natures.
- Arranging the meetings and attending to visitors
- Arranging meetings for the board of directors
- Arranging board committee meetings and coordinate committee documentation packs in time
- Assisting the chief marketing officer and executive director functions related to their associate companies
- Assisting the chief marketing officer/executive director in preparing joint venture documents and dealing with advocates for this purpose
- Assisting in sending broker performance correspondences
- Coordinating with managers and staff for specific company meetings
- Preparing confidential letters pertaining to managers
- Handling phone calls and attending to visitors
- Handling board meetings in the absence of the MDs secretary
(IMPORTANT:Earn 200K working in NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, International Development Community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID.Get the details click here)
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor of Administration or any business-related degree
- Proficiency in the use of Word processing, Databases, Spreadsheets, E-mail, Internet.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in an executive office (PA)
- Excellent typing skills
- Experience in insurance industry is an added advantage
- Good interpersonal and effective communication skills
- Good time management
- Assertiveness and self-drive
- Honesty, reliability, dependability and ethical
- Sound analytical skills
- Customer service orientation – focused towards internal and external customer needs
- Ability to work under pressure and manage time efficiently
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions effective
Remuneration and Benefits
An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, experience and qualifications
Chief Financial Officer
JOB REF: PI/CFO/1
About our client
Our client is a start-up company, obsessed with optimising rural supply chains in an effort to bring value added commodities and economic prosperity to rural consumers in the agricultural sector.
They are looking for a Chief Financial Officer who is ready to roll up their sleeves and build essential supply chain infrastructure needed to grow rural economies. The CFO will report to the CEO and will be responsible for all financial aspects of the company. The role will involve putting together a high performing finance team particularly critical as the company is undergoing significant growth.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute towards making enterprise wide decisions better, faster and with improved certainty about the end result.
- Develop and implement the company’s financial goals and objectives.
- Contribute towards the control and management of the investment funds and resources while managing the associated risk.
- Support the CEO in the development and execution of capital raising strategies.
- Development and enforcement of sound financial policies to eliminate operational bottlenecks.
- Development of financial models that provide guidance on how fast to grow and which new markets/territories to expand to nationally.
- Ensuring the company is focused on the right business metrics to ensure growth.
- Support the decision making process regarding the opportunities we need to exploit and develop a methodology on how to effectively deploy company resources (capital) to effectively exploit opportunities.
- Develop and monitor policies and procedures to ensure sufficient cash flow, reduced operating costs, and increased revenues.
- Provide oversight to the accountants to ensure that accounting practices mirror internal financial policies.
- Deliver an up-to-date financial model that reflects the current situation. This will help towards determining point of cash positive, break even for each business unit.
- Further refinement of forecasting algorithms used to determine future commodity consumption based on historical purchase and climatic patterns.
- Managing fund raising process.
- Development of a pipeline of suitable investment institutions (equity, debt and grant).
- Development and deployment of financial systems to support on the ground operations.
- Making monthly cash flow forecasts along with weekly reports to the CEO.
- Support negotiations with suppliers in an effort to grow the company’s gross margin (one of the key performance indicators).
- Managing relationships with existing financiers (debt, equity and non-dilutive capital) as well as cultivating new ones.
- Manage the deployment of the company’s debt facilities (both working capital and asset).
- Perform department level financial appraisals on a quarterly basis.
- Ensure quarterly appraisal reports go out to each HOD in time.
- Development of financial report from company board and key partners.
- Analyse transaction data and make recommendations on general business optimisation.
- Manage the Finance department ensuring that all policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Liaise with external auditor to ensure quarterly micro audits to ensure tax compliance and financial discipline.
- Track department Key performance indicators and structure reporting mechanism to ensure heads of departments are receiving critical feedback promptly.
- Ensure the company maintains good corporate governance.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor of Commerce – Accounting or Finance.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPAK) and CPS (K).
- Proficiency in the use of ERPs, Accounting packages, Ms Office, Databases and knowledge of general accounting principles.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in mid-level management.
- Ability to think strategically and to design long term plans.
- Should be adaptable and flexible with the ability to drive change and transformation.
- Must uphold confidentiality, be tactful, creative thinker and proactive.
- Customer service orientation – focused towards internal and external customer needs.
- Team player with excellent, proven interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
- Effective problem-solving and decision making skills.
An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
Commercial Manager – Floriculture
The CM reports to the General Manager and the Sales Director and liaises with the Global Technical Manager.
To manage the Commercial Department including staff and operations. These are headlined as:
Sales Activities, Technical Resources and Marketing activities
To support and realise sales of all the company’s products within the region. This through the development of new and existing sales strategies aimed at new and existing customers. Included, but not limited to this are:
- To develop strategic pricing policies
- To analyse market trends and competition with a view to strategic positioning of prices and product placement.
- To jointly develop annual and quarterly sales budgets
- To review on a weekly basis the sales and stock data from customers in the region, with a view to sales trends and develop strategies to enhance sales.
- To expand upon existing developments from technical trials with a view to commercializing them into sales.
- To investigate the establishment of new markets to the region, both in terms of customer bases, as well as products. Included, but not limited to this are:
- The traditional market of Florists and Event management customers
- Technical Support products
- Pot plants and Live plant export products
- To be the main sales point of contact for customers, both internally and externally to the business.
- This will include handling enquiries, correspondence and complaints from the market
- To follow up on customer requirements as communicated by them or the team
- Develop marketing strategy; background information and documentation concerning the assortment and promotional activities. To then liaise with the international sales team in incorporating their global requirements with the companies African base. Included, but not limited to this are:
- Development of magazine articles and print media
- Review and evaluation of participation promotional events
- Set up and lead attendance at local and international fairs
- Develop financial and resource budget requirements for the above items
- To lead the Technical team’s planning and activities; to contribute actively to technical initiatives, market and competitor research
- To review trials at growers being undertaken for developments, opportunities and sales follow up
- To accompany the technical team customers for follow up and liaison for the company’s products and initiatives.
- Maintain good relations with the international office; Importers in Europe, America and the Rest of the World; and accounts in the East Africa markets with respect to new products, training, attendance of meetings, fairs and events
As a member of the Senior team, the CM may also be required from time to time be involved in items that are not specifically mentioned above. Due notice will be given to the CM of such requirements as they develop.
- Excellent knowledge of the professional flower market is essential
- Strong Commercial and sales experience within the industry
- Client and result oriented
- High degree of commitment and involvement
- Ability to travel extensively both locally and internationally
- Open for changes and flexible towards customers, within the scope of integrity
- Ability to work autonomously and make independent decisions.
- Fluent in English, both written and in conversation
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.
- Safari Operations Manager
- Executive Secretary
- Chief Financial Officer
- Commercial Manager – Floriculture
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview