Workplace of the Future
Post Covid 19 Are You Ready?
Free Live Workshop Register here
BIHC (Boma International Hospitality Collge) was established in 2015 to address an increasing gap in the provision of qualified staff within the hospitality industry in Kenya and regionally. In 2016, BIHC partnered with the Business and Hotel Management School (BHMS), a world-class hospitality school in Luzern, Switzerland. This partnership paved the way for a dynamic educational and training approach that allows the undergraduate students to complete their 2-year diplomas in Hotel Management or Culinary Arts at our campus in Nairobi and their final bachelor year at BHMS in Switzerland.
The BIHC curriculum maintains a strong emphasis on Swiss educational traditions of balancing theoretical and practical training and this has made BIHC graduates the preferred candidates in the job market because from the onset, they perform beyond their employers’ expectations, thus saving employers, the time and money that is usually spent to train new employees. Our campus is located within the Boma Hotels complex and with an increase in demand for quality education throughout Africa, we take pride in offering world-class training and student life in a 5-star hotel environment.
BIHC is fully owned by the Kenya Red Cross Society (KRCS)
Job Location: Nairobi
Job Summary: Library assistant is responsible for sorting and shelving books according to their categorization, assisting customers/learners with internet access and ensuring their technical needs are met. He/She also manages inquiries over the counter, via email or telephone among other duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Helping learners/customers locate books or find material online.
- Checking books in and out at the front desk.
- Sorting and shelving books according to their categorization
- Register new customers and maintaining and updating customer profiles.
- Maintaining records of books taken out (borrowed) and books brought back.
- Cataloging new arrivals
- Assisting customers/learners with internet access and ensuring their technical needs are met.
- Organizing the repair of damaged books
- Inspecting the condition of books before and after check out to ascertain any damage on behalf of the customer.
- Managing inquiries over the counter and via email or telephone
- Assisting with Library events and reading sessions
- Managing payments of fines
- Cataloging audio visual material and other mediums
- Settling any disruptions or disturbances in the Library
- Any other duties as may be assigned by management
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (Library and information Science/Records management and information technology) or any other related in that field
- Experience in customer service role
- Strong IT skills and familiarity with use of databases and the internet
- Outstanding organization skills and presentation skills
- Attention to detail and good problem solving ability
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should apply strictly before Thursday, 17th October 2019 through the following link