FREE CAREER COACHING for You
Get Your Career in The Right Path
Auditing Jobs, Safaricom Investment Cooperative (SIC) Jobs
- Safaricom Investment Cooperative (SIC), a leading investment Co-operative, is looking for an Internal Auditor to provide independent, objective assurance and advice designed to add value and improve the organizations operations while focusing on internal control systems, risk management framework and governance.
- Reporting: The position reports functionally to the SIC Supervisory Committee and administratively to the SIC CEO.
- The job is based in Nairobi.
Overall purpose of the Job
- To provide assurance primarily to the Supervisory Committee and CEO, and by extension the Central Management committee for efficient and effective internal control system, risk management framework and governance procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Implement compliance and risk management programs, to test the adequacy of those very programs so that no gaps are left.
- Conduct annual SIC risk assessment, evaluate adequacy of the system of internal controls, identify gaps, and obtain corrective actions from management.
- Develop internal audit governance framework including the charter, mandate, policies and procedures.
- Develop an annual risk-based audit plan to respond to SIC risk universe and present it to the Supervisory committee for approval before the commencement of every financial year.
- Executes an approved audit plan and perform the tasks in accordance with the Supervisory Committee’s overall strategy.
- Verify the existence of assets and recommend proper safeguards for their protection; assess compliance with policies and procedures and sound business practices; assess compliance with laws, regulations and contractual obligations.
- Review operations/programs to ascertain whether results are consistent with established objectives and whether the operations/programs are being carried out as planned.
- Investigate reported occurrences of fraud, embezzlement, theft, waste, etc.
- Interview company staffs to obtain information required for audits.
- Utilize IPPF methodologies in audit assignments. C1 – Public
- Execute special reviews requested by the Supervisory Committee, Central Management Committee and SIC management.
- Follow up External audit issues to confirm implementation of recommendations
- Prepare and submit monthly management status reports on the external and internal audits to Management and Supervisory Committee as required.
- Development of Audit department Budgets and monitoring of Audit department expenditures.
- Responsibility and oversight for Physical Assets assigned by the organization to the Internal Audit department.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- University degree in Commerce /Economics/Business Administration or related field
- CPA or ACCA and CISA finalist. CIA qualifications are an added advantage.
- Member of ICPAK or any other equivalent professional body\Knowledge and Skills
- At least Seven years’ experience in an accounting or auditing department of which three years should be at Managerial level.
- Strategic leadership, data analytical skills, critical thinking and technology savvy.
- Ability to understand business processes and good awareness of functional relationships of departments within the organization.
- Ability to apply audit standards through practical application.
- Makes decisions using standard operating procedures.
- Understanding and ability to apply risk and control concepts.
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent relationship management skills.
- High level of Integrity- honest and ethical and commitment to professional auditing standards.
- If you meet the requirements, send applications to email@example.com by Friday 7th August, 2020 at 5:00pm
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview