Get a job with NGOs, the UN & International Organisations
Earn a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree
Find details here
Research Manager Jobs,
Country Research Manager
The position will be line managed by the Senior Research Manager, Africa (based in the UK) and will work closely with research and management teams in countries they cover.
The position will work closely with other Research Managers and Senior Research Manager as part of the R&L team. Crucially, the role will work in close collaboration with country research teams (particularly in East Africa) and the programme teams in the East Africa region.
(NOTE: Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2021 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID. Get the details click here)
The post will strengthen the technical capacity of our country teams based in East Africa by:
- providing technical support to country research teams deliver research effectively in a minimum of 2- 3 countries;
- working on and delivering a capacity strengthening plan in the region in collaboration with the Senior Research Manager in London, Country Directors and research teams in each country:
- offering advice and training (where appropriate) to teams on specific areas, through country visits, online workshops, research reviews, concise written feedback and regular conversations;
- ensure quality of research, including working with the team to set up processes of data management, data analysis and field research management where necessary.
- work with countries to set up local partnerships/train freelancers to ensure research capacity on the ground.
- work closely with the wider teams in country to ensure that research is used to shape projects, the theories of change, comms frameworks and that teams are engaging with research and
- helping to build the evidence base of the sector and region – this could include working with academics on specific pieces of work.
The Ideal Candidate
The post will advise on best practice in quantitative and qualitative research methods, analysis and reporting; contribute to quality assurance processes; support relevant research partnerships; and input into business development.
- The postholder is expected to engage in, and stay abreast of, key methodological trends in the sector such remote data collection techniques, including designing mobile surveys, analysing social media metrics and other ‘big data’ and using online survey tools such as Qualtrics, as well as the use of experimental and quasi-experimental research and analysis of big data in the field of media and communication in development.
- Experience in, and enthusiasm for, capacity strengthening in research methods including complex quantitative and qualitative methods is essential for the role
- The ability to build effective working relationships and communicate technical issues to non-technical audiences.
- In depth knowledge of at least one country in East Africa, preferably with experience of working in the region
Contract type: 2 year FTC
Location: The role will be based in one of BBC Media Action’s offices in East Africa (Tanzania, Kenya, Ethiopia, Zambia) or London, UK. Applications are welcome from anyone with the existing right to work in any of these countries. The successful applicant will be employed and based in their home country, with salary set according to BBC Media Action’s pay scales in that country.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits– We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
Closing Date14 November, 2021