Get a job with the UN, NGOs & International Organisations
Good Salary and career progression
Find details here
Document Controller Jobs, Site Manger, Health and Safety Representative,
Project Decima Summary:
Bechtel is supporting an ambitious programme to deliver multiple data centres across 10 African countries. This programme will initially provide at least 70MW capacity of much needed interconnected carrier and cloud-neutral data facilities in this currently under-served and rapidly expanding market. Bechtel will provide central programme management and in-country deployed teams to deliver engineering, procurement and construction services tailored to location specific requirements. This is a great opportunity to develop with this fast-moving customer while supporting Data Centre Teams in various African locations including:
(NOTE: Win 100% Scholarship Get UN and NGO Jobs. 5 lucky winners. Join NOW for Free Get More Details Here.)
· Johannesburg and Cape Town, South Africa
· Nairobi and Mombasa, Kenya
· Lagos, Nigeria
· and other cities across Africa
Deployed to support a specific data centre project, the Document Controller will report to the Project Field Engineer. This position demands excellent communication skills and a strong collaborative working ethic. The Document Controller will have a function (matrix) reporting line to the PMO Document Control Manager and will provide document management support for the whole project.
There are 3 positions: 1 in Johannesburg, 1 in Cape Town, and 1 in Nairobi.
The Document Controller will:
- Provide routine support to the management of project documentation, including:
- numbering of documents
- uploading documents into the Electronic Content Management System (ECMS)
- application of revision control
- Distribute documents to the project members and other stake holders in accordance with the document distribution matrix
- Co-ordinate the return of comments on submittals to the relevant document originators
- Formalise document transmittals
- Manage filing, sorting, and retrieval of electronically stored or hard copy documents, sorting in a timely, accurate and efficient manner
- Facilitate progressive handover of documents to Operations at agreed completion stages
- Experience using ECMS workflows and configuration management
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience in document /records management. Experience must have been gained within the past 5 years.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills including proper use of grammar, spelling, punctuation, and syntax.
- Must be able to demonstrate a high degree of individual initiative, discretion and diplomacy.
- Must have experience using standard office automation tools including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and web-based file transfer software.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize document management/administrative deliverables.
- Must be familiar with a variety of project documents and document processing requirements.
- Must be willing and able to work overtime as required with minimal notice
· Document management experience in the construction industry
· Experience with Aconex
Minimum of 3 years of document management experience gained within the past 5 years.
5 plus years of document management experience gained within the past 8 years.
Environmental Safety & Health Representative
Deployed to a specific data centre project site, the ES&H Representative reports to the Site EH&S Manager and will support safety leadership for the project. The position demands excellent communication skills and a strong collaborative working ethic.
There are 4 positions available: 2 in Johannesburg, 1 in Cape Town, and 1 in Nairobi.
The ES&H Rep will:
- Plan and coordinates work requiring judgment and experience
- Liaise with the Owner and/or integrate with Owner’s ES&H team in the development and application of:
- the project-specific ES&H Plan
- policy and procedures
- risk assessments
- job hazard analysis (JHA)
- methods statements
- mitigation measures to reduce accidents and potential adverse environmental impacts
- Develop and implement induction/orientation & training programmes and manage & monitor records
- Participate in accident/incident investigations and track actions to closure
- Compile and incorporate relevant legal requirements into procedures & processes, including training & communications, engaging with the project team as necessary to achieve compliance
- Administrate & attend ES&H contractor forums, committee meetings, Zero Harm, and people-based safety programmes, etc
- Manage project ES&H documentation including relevant legal permits, approvals, consents, etc, liaising with relevant local authorities as required
- Monitor ES&H performance and collate ES&H data, analysing & reporting on trends, and sharing lessons learned
- Advanced knowledge in a field of science, process engineering, or related discipline.
- Knowledge of safety procedures, engineering systems, principles, and methodologies.
- Experience in managing and/or providing technical oversight of safety and/or health subcontractors or consultants.
- Knowledge of national and international safety laws/regulations and regulatory agencies’ processes and responsibilities, industry standards/practices for safety and health compliance, and best management practices for minimizing potential safety risks during project execution.
- Experience in safety inspections/assessments during construction.
- Knowledge of hazardous materials and physical risk exposures and Personal Protective Equipment standards as well as People Based Safety processes and procedures.
- Bachelor of Science degree in the sciences (e.g., biology, chemistry, physics, public health) or mechanical engineering from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience.
- Prior practical work experience in office settings (e.g., managing safety and health programs) and field locations (e.g., construction execution and/or operating facilities) performing the responsibilities listed above
Site ES&H Manager
Deployed to a specific data centre project site, the Site ES&H Manager reports to the Project/Site Manager and will safety leadership for the project. The position demands excellent communication skills and a strong collaborative working ethic. The Site ES&H Manager will have a function (matrix) reporting line to the PMO ES&H Manager and will also provide technical direction and control to the assigned ES&H Rep allocated to the site.
There are 3 positions available, 1 in each of Johannesburg, Cape Town, and Nairobi.
The Site ES&H Manager will:
- Oversee plans and coordinate work requiring independent judgment and experience
- Liaise with ADC and/or integrate with ADC’s ES&H team in managing the development and implementation of:
- an overall Project Decima ES&H Management System, including KPIs, dashboards, procedures, and reporting systems to align with ADC’s requirements and relevant ES&H legislation
- project specific ES&H Plans
- baseline risk assessments
- Manage the development and implementation of induction/orientation & training programmes
- Establish a legal register and incorporate relevant legal requirements into procedures & processes, including training & communications, engaging with the project team as necessary to achieve compliance
- Manage ES&H assessment requirements in the procurement procedures & processes
- Establish and implement an effective 30/60/90-day risk review process and develop proactive ES&H operational plans
- Manage project ES&H documentation, including relevant legal permits, approvals, consents, etc., liaising with relevant local authorities as required
- Programme and facilitate ES&H contractor forums, Zero Harm committee meetings, people-based behavioural programmes, etc
- Review Contractors’ safety documentation, including Construction ES&H Plans, Emergency Plans, Risk Assessments, Method Statements, Job Hazard Analysis (JHA), Temporary Works, Lift Plans, etc
- Develop and manage occupational health and wellbeing requirements
- Oversee accident/incident investigations liaising with contractors, ADC & Bechtel management teams, attorneys, and relevant legal authorities as necessary, and manage actions to closure
- Manage ES&H performance measurement through leading and lagging indicators, including audits, inspections, task specific assessments, observations, etc, analysing & reporting trends, and recommending continual improvement initiatives
- Develop best practices and lessons learned awareness materials as part of project ES&H campaigns, initiatives, or follow up to incidents
- Review relevant information in ES&H files for project handover
· Advanced knowledge of a field of environmental and/or safety engineering, process safety, health or related discipline.
· Knowledge of ES&H sciences/engineering systems, principles, and methodologies.
· Experience in supervising all aspects of ES&H on projects or facilities.
· Experience in managing and/or providing technical oversight of ES&H contractors/subcontractors or consultants during construction.
· Knowledge of construction environmental issues, e.g., hazardous materials, waste management, erosion and sediment control methods, and restoration techniques.
· Written and oral communication skills.
· Prior practical work experience in environmental, safety and/or health
· A recognized degree from an accredited college or university or five or more years field ES&H experience.
Project Controls Lead – Africa
Range of Job Responsibilities include (not limited):
· Responsible for effective execution of Project Controls programs on an assigned project in accordance with Bechtel Project Controls Department Procedures.
· Reviews and approves Earned Revenue Determination Data, Proposal Financial Summaries, Project Financial Status Reports, and Charge for Project Working Capital calculations for assigned projects.
· Plans staffing needs for assigned projects.
· Supervises Project Controls staff.
· Reviews contract drafts to ensure they include adequate cost and scope definition and meet Project Controls requirements. Coordinate’s development of all data in support of negotiations.
· Prepares, coordinates, and directs Project Controls presentations to Bechtel and client management, as required.
· Participates in the development and training of assigned personnel and in the implementation of on-the-job and classroom training programs.
· Conducts personnel performance reviews and career counseling. Interviews candidates for employment and makes recommendations for employment decisions.
· Directs project control activities. Develops, interprets, and executes policy, objectives, and standards applicable to cost and schedule control and analysis activities.
· Prepares the Project Controls plan for assigned projects.
· Maintains liaison with GBU functional management to coordinate workload and staffing plans, work processes, and procedures.
· Experience in performing, monitoring, and reviewing planning and scheduling functions, which include schedule development, control, and analysis, in the field and the home office.
· Skilled in oral and written communication.
· Proficiency with PC operating systems, with proficiency in several basic software applications. Proficiency with multiple discipline-specific software applications currently used in Bechtel i.e., PowerBI, QlikView, SQL Server Reporting Services and Microsoft Office Applications, for example).
· Ability to interface with other disciplines, client reps and subcontractors as required.
· Intermediate level of knowledge of engineering, procurement, contracts, construction, and startup work processes, as performed by Bechtel.
· Must have a strong work ethic and willingness to work alongside our partners and management team. Should have a strong and collaborative personality
· Experience of both Cost & Planning on a medium to a large construction project.
Grade 26: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university plus at least 9 years of relevant professional experience, or in lieu of degree, at least 15 years of progressive related work experience.
Grade 27: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university plus 13 years of relevant work experience, or in lieu of degree, at least 19 years of progressive related work experience.
Assignment Terms and Conditions:
Initial team members will likely telework and business trip to the various site locations during the development phase. Long-term terms and conditions are u