Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree
Working with NGOs, the UN & International Organisation
Find details here
Are you ready to become an international UN Volunteer?
You can contribute your time, skills and knowledge through volunteering with the UN. This is an opportunity to create a positive impact and be a significant force for achieving peace and development. Make a difference to the lives of many!
Volunteer abroad with the UN
The first step to volunteer abroad with the UN is to determine whether you meet the minimum requirements below.
Why volunteer with the UN
- International UN Volunteers promote peace and development in communities around the globe, while upholding the ideals and aspirations of the United Nations.
- International UN Volunteers come from 160 countries, representing many cultures and backgrounds. They bring a wide variety of perspectives and approaches.
- Your international UN Volunteer assignment will make a lasting impact. It can create a ripple effect that extends far beyond the immediate results of your efforts.
- As an international UN Volunteer, you will learn about different cultures, expand your networks, study foreign languages and gain matchless professional and life experiences.
- The minimum requirements to serve as an international UN Volunteer are: 25 years old and older (no upper age limit); university degree or higher technical diploma;
- At least two years of relevant work experience in a professional background; good working knowledge of English, Spanish or French;
- Commitment to the values and principles of volunteerism; ability to work in a multicultural environment; willingness to work with people and local organizations;
- Ability to adjust in difficult living conditions and sometimes remote locations; strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
Conditions of Service
- International UN Volunteer assignments generally run for six to 12 months, with the possibility of extending for one to two years.
- Short-term assignments are also requested by our partners from time to time. International UN Volunteers are entitled to certain allowances.
- Allowances are in no way to be understood as a compensation, reward or salary in exchange for the volunteer work.
- The purpose of allowances for volunteers is to enable them to sustain a secure standard of living in their duty stations.
- Profiles in high demand include development and project management (community development, environment, programme and project development, project management, monitoring and evaluation);
- Legal affairs (human rights, protection, resettlement, reintegration, repatriation, refugee status determination, child protection);
- Political science (civil affairs, political affairs);
- Public information (reporting and external relations);
- Engineering (civil engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering),
- Health (general medicine, public health).
(NOTE: Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2021 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID. Get the details click here)
Find more information here
How to Get UN Jobs – Fastest and Easiest Way
If you meet the minimum requirements, register your profile in our Unified Volunteering Platform. Then you apply for assignments in highly specialized areas or that are in high demand.