Work with NGOs Starting Salary- Ksh 200k
Jobs at Dubai Islamic Bank
Dubai Islamic Bank has the unique distinction of being the world’s first full Islamic bank, a pioneering institution that has combined the best of traditional Islamic values with the technology and innovation that characterise modern financial institution. Since its formation in 1975, Dubai Islamic Bank has established itself as the undisputed leader in its field, setting the standards for others to follow as the trend towards Islamic banking gathers momentum in the global arena. Islamic banking and finance is now one of the world’s fastest-growing economic sectors that comprise more than 400 institutions with assets under management in excess of US$ 1 trillion (US$1,000 billion).
- Bachelor’s degree as a minimum, Master’s degree will be an advantage.
- Minimum of 4 years in Banking Branch Management or a similar role.
- Business Growth
- Cascade the sales targets to branch staffs.
- Identify and implement action plans and regularly track and review performance to ensure the achievement of the set targets cascaded down by the Zone Manger and business growth objectives.
- Meet regularly with the branch customers including important/ high net worth customers in order to assist in the growth of business
- Manage the product portfolio of each line of products and control the cost and profitability of the branch.
- Customer Service
- Maintain high levels of customer service of all front office functions such as Cash Management, Remittances, drafts, Account opening/ inquiry & maintenance, sales and after sales by efficiently abiding to the process and by reducing customer waiting time and service time.
- Promote high level of customer service culture among the branch staffs for potential acquisitions.
- Service Quality & Business Operations Control
- Attend all audit requirements and strive to have a null /low risk audit rating and ensure that all the branch operations are in accordance to the established Bank’s policies, operating manuals, service quality standards and code of conduct for smooth workflow, high service quality, and low level of operational risk and report any deviation to the management.
- To maintain a low risk level of cash difference by following diligently the process set by maintaining detailed accounting records of daily cash flow as well as regular review of daily MIS reports, checking notes, denominations & security items in order to ensure accurate delivery of cash to customers.
- Monitor continuously customer complaints and mystery shopping results and recommend necessary measures and initiatives to improve the score and to ensure high customer satisfaction
- To ensure a high level of safety & security measures are in place as well as to maintain a proper communication with the police department whenever it is required.
- Internal Process
- To lead any branch projects jointly with the Zone Manager (Service Quality Programs, Process changes, sales… etc) and support the launch of new products and services as per the consumer banking business plan.
- To maintain an accurate archives file for all branch transaction records, vouchers, stationary reports…etc.
- Follow up on various cases with all the concerned stakeholders such as customers, internal Bank’s departments in order to ensure 100% closing mandates.
- Training & Development
- Analyze the training and development needs of staff and nominate them for an appropriate training courses in order to close the skill gaps and ensure that all staff are well trained and fully aware of DIB products and services, policies and procedures.
- Build and maintain effective communication skills with branch’s staff by conducting regular staff meetings and discussions in order to have a high level of staff engagement and Job satisfaction.
- To ensure proper staff management in terms of annual leave, performance appraisal, two days off as well as to ensure a proper resources allocation in order to meet the branch business requirements.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Law or equivalent from a recognized institution.Master’s degree is an advantage.
- Member of the Law Society of Kenya
- 5-6 years’ relevant experience in a banking environment or a busy corporate/commercial practice
- Excellent legal drafting skills.
- High English command (Writing, speaking, Listening)
- Analytical skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Support the Bank by providing legal services, identifying and managing legal risk in Kenya and liaising directly with the Bank’s business and support units as appropriate.
- Drafting and reviewing bank-wide legal related documentation including securities and contracts
- From time to time conduct review of financing proposals and suggest best possible legal structure and documentation for deal transactions
- Providing guidance to management/the Bank on the law, legal matters, rules and regulations affecting the Bank, its projects and its operations and ensuring legal compliance thereof
- Drafting and implementing the Legal Department’s policies, processes and procedures
- Providing bank-wide legal support and service.
- Regularly updating the Management with regard to the status of the legal issues being handled and properly liaise towards delivering regular legal controls
- Monitoring and following up on Kenyan legislation as well as advising the Bank on the impact of existing and newly enacted legislation on the Bank’s overall activities
- Liaising with and providing full support and assistance to the external professionals on all legal documentation including securities on behalf of the Bank
- Liaise as required with external lawyers and assist in the preparation of the required pleadings and regularly update the litigation report.
- Coordinating with and providing support to the Company Secretary & Head of Legal in carrying out various functions in support of the Board and the Bank
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.