Free Online Resume Builder
Create an attractive online profile for employers to hire you
Find details here
Compliance Manager Opening,
Compliance Manager (East African Markets)
BAT is evolving at pace – truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
(NOTE: 3 Simple, Easy to do tips to make you NEGOTIATE a 6 Figure Salary like a PRO (backed by case studies and research). Get More Details Here.)
The role is responsible for the East African Markets cluster Risk and Controls Committee which meets 2 times in a year to review risks and results of compliance and audit reviews. The role leads the review of processes and systems across BAT East African Markets (17 countries) for compliance with BAT Group and local corporate governance requirements.
Reports to: Financial Director
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
What you will be accountable for
- Perform compliance reviews on pre-identified high-risk processes and prepare written reports for Board of Directors and Senior Leadership Team that clearly and accurately explain the findings and action plans for improvement.
- Conduct independent risk-based operational process reviews to help ensure that the systems and procedures support the achievement of business goals and objectives.
- Drive review of risk & control framework and lead cross-functional teams in self-assessment of internal controls (annual control navigator assessment) and monitor implementation of remedial action plans.
- Perform ad-hoc reviews and investigations into suspected irregularities and report the same to the Board of Directors and Senior Leadership Team.
- Provide formal training for the operating companies’ management and staff to raise the awareness of risk and control.
- Provide administrative support to the Audit & Risk Committees of BAT Kenya PLC & BAT Uganda.
- Develop and drive process efficiency improvements, based on standard methodology and in line with Group standardisation.
- Monthly monitoring and reporting of internal controls as per Controls Excellence Dashboard that reviews efficiency of system-based controls and tracks status of action plans
- Develop leadership skills for own career advancement.
Essential experience, skills and knowledge
- Education: Relevant University Degree.
- Financial or audit background with a required professional accountancy qualification (such as ACCA, CPA).
- Minimum 7 years finance/audit experience is required of which 2 years should be in controlling/audit related field.
- SAP exposure would represent an added advantage.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Interpersonal and communication skills
We are BAT
At BAT, we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
Belonging, achieving, together
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.