Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree
Working with NGOs, the UN & International Organisation
Find details here
BURN Manufacturing Jobs, Engineering Jobs
Sr. Process Engineer
Leading in development of new manufacturing processes, and this includes:
- Analysis and complete understanding of the requirements, inputs, challenges, and the project plan.
- Researching, experimenting and evaluating the required working parameter.
- Researching suppliers and leading the technical discussions with them.
- Validating new processes by workingon, making, requesting and analyzing samples, video production tests, and process standard data sheets.
- Spec’ing the required service utilities of the new process (Electricals, Compressed air, safety equipment, handling equipment, etc.,)
- Developing the new process’ technical data sheets, Production SOPs, Quality SOPs, and Safety SOPs.
- Train production personnel on the new processes to ensure smooth process.
- Following up on the new process, analyzing it, and work on the continuous improvements.
- Supervise the implementation, and the analysis of the factory and assembly lines layout.
- Setting the engineering parameters for production and QC SOP’s.
- Drive continues process improvements and work on the implementation of the related engineering changes.
Qualifications and requirements Senior):
- Graduated from Mechanical/Industrial/Manufacturing engineering school.
- 4 to 7 years of experience in manufacturing entities, experience in sheet metal factories is preferable or mass production.
- Worked at least on one of the following projects during their career:
- Factory layout implementation.
- Lean manufacturing, waste elimination or continuous improvement projects.
- Production process development.
- Capable of using 2D AutoCAD.
- Capable of using at least one project management tool, MS project is preferred.
- Good knowledge of problem-solving techniques and creative thinking.
- Capable of using SPC techniques, CT analysis techniques and general lean manufacturing techniques.
- Good understanding of Kanban systems and one-piece flow production.
- Capable of using Microsoft office.
- Capable to work effectively in teams, has good managerial skills
- Aware of the basics of electricity, and hydraulics and pneumatics.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma is preferable.
- Problem finder and solver.
- Hands on.
- Action oriented.
- Excellent communicator.
- Detail oriented and well organized.
- Works well in a team.
(Note:If you have ever wanted to work with NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, International Development Community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID.Here is your chance, click here)
- Bachelor of Engineering (BE)
- Bachelor of Science (BS)
- Bachelor of Technology (BTech)
- Based in Ruiru, Kenya, BURN Manufacturing designs, produces and distributes Kenya’s best selling, most durable and economical charcoal and wood cookstoves that also dramatically reduce harmful smoke emissions which can cause significant health problems, even death.
- Not only do we sell the world’s most fuel-efficient charcoal and wood household stoves, but BURN is also the only jiko company which manufactures all of its products in sub-Saharan Africa’s only state-of-the-art clean cookstove manufacturing facility. We are extremely proud to employ 225 team members throughout Kenya and support a workforce which is 60 percent female, thus empowering women in roles traditionally considered to be “for men only.”
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview