Workplace of the Future
Post Covid 19 Are You Ready?
Free Live Workshop Register here
Date of Issue: 5th September 2019 Closing Date: 18th September 2019
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every single day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The World Food Programme activities include food assistance for relief, emergency school feeding, nutrition and food assistance for assets creation through provision of in-kind and cash-based transfers.
We are seeking a dynamic Business Support Assistant to support the Security unit, under the supervision of the Senior Field Security Officer.
This position will be based in the in Nairobi. Female candidates are particularly and highly encouraged to apply.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide a full range of complex business support services to ensure effective functioning of business operations in the unit;
- Respond to a wide range of queries raised by staff;
- Revise and review correspondence and documentation, providing feedback and making amendments where appropriate;
- Assist in planning, monitoring and reconciling budget(s) to ensure that planned financial resources are available and used effectively;
- Initiate Purchase Requests/Travel Authorizations/Travel Expense Claims for Security Unit staff and raise Service Entry Sheet/Goods Receipt Notes in liaison with other Area Offices as appropriate;
- Ensure timely payment of all Security contracted services for both Country Office and Area Offices;
- As the travel focal point for the unit, ensure timely flight bookings for staff and cargo;
- Maintain and update attendance and leave records including movements/travel of security staff;
- Act as Security Training Focal Point. Maintain and update the Security training calendar and prepare training reports on a quarterly basis;
- Support the maintenance of the warden system and keep up-to-date information related to staff residences;
- Provide advice, support and/or training to junior support staff as required;
- Assist in reporting security incidents affecting WFP staff, offices and assets, and preparation of a variety of security reports as required;
- Oversee the maintenance of records and databases to ensure information is organized for easy retrieval;
- Assist the Security Unit in the implementation and compliance of all security risk management mitigating measures;
- Assess and recommend improvements to procedures and practices in the area of work;
- Assist in management and maintenance of security equipment and identify new requirements to strengthen technology capacity in line with business requirements;
- Report all cases where staff members and/or their eligible family members have been victims of crimes;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in administration or related functional area is desirable.
Experience: Four years of progressively responsible work experience in general administration work.
(NOTE: Would you like to know the BIGGEST CV mistake you can make? Find out plus the Top 8 Ways To Make Your CV Stand Out.)
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English is a requirement.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge and experience in of common business processes, procedures and systems in area of work;
- Broad knowledge and understanding of security logistics, security administration, risk assessment and co-ordination with local authorities and local law enforcement agencies;
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills;
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data and monitor budgets;
- Courtesy, tact and the ability to maintain effective working relations with a variety of people across all functions;
- Judgement and interpersonal skills to deal with clients on difficult and sensitive matters;
- Ability to train, organize, asses and coordinate the work of others;
- Experience utilizing computers, including word processing, spreadsheet and other software packages. Knowledge of UN/WFP administrative regulations and rules in the area of work is an added advantage.
You are required to submit an online application through E-Recruitment.
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted..
WFP seeks applicants of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
WFP is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Selection of candidates is made on a competitive basis.