Workplace of the Future
Post Covid 19 Are You Ready?
Free Live Workshop Register here
Capital Markets Authority Recruitments
The Capital Markets Authority is a statutory agency charged with the responsibility of regulating and developing an efficient capital market in Kenya. The Authority invites applications for the following position:
Intern – Administration
Internship Period: 3 months (non-renewable)
Reporting to the Senior Officer Administration, the selected candidate will be responsible for;
- Coordinating transport logistics at the Authority under the guidance of the Senior Officer Administration;
- Assisting in coordinating repairs of office equipment, facilities and motor vehicles in line with the maintenance plan;
- Coordinating mail delivery and other correspondences;
- Preparing monthly utilization reports on office utilities and other related services; and
- Undertake other assignments as assigned from time to time.
(NOTE: Would you like to know the BIGGEST CV mistake you can make? Find out plus the Top 8 Ways To Make Your CV Stand Out.)
Degree in Business Management, Business Administration and Public Administration
Skills and Competencies
- Integrity and honesty
- Ability to multi-task
- Self-management and attention to details
- Team player
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Negotiation skills.
Temporary Legal Assistant – Legal Affairs & Corporation Secretary
Contract Period: Six (6) Months Fixed Term Contract
Reporting to the Manager, Legal Affairs and Corporation Secretary the selected candidate will be responsible for:
- Supporting the review and drafting of contract agreements and MoU’s and ensuring that they follow all statutory and regulatory requirements;
- Conducting legal due diligence on all the contractors, suppliers etc before they enter any dealings with the Authority;
- Reviewing and providing advice on legal risk;
- Ensuring legal, statutory and contractual compliance;
- Participating in reviewing and advising management on legal implication concerning internal policies and procedures;
- Participating in providing well researched legal advice and interpretation of various matters;
- Preparation of legal reports and briefs as well as assist in maintaining proper records in respect of Contracts, MoU’s and Legal Opinions;
- Preparing, vetting and negotiating official legal documents to protect the interests of the Authority; and
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
(NOTE: Not sure where to get started on your cover letter? Check our NEWLY UPDATED cover letter template for NGOs for FREE! You can copy and paste this proven sample to create a lasting impression and get invited to the interview right away. Get it here.)
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Law and one-year post admission to the Roll of Advocates
- Minimum of one-year relevant experience in a busy environment;
Key skills, Knowledge & Competencies
- Must be a person of integrity, demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and be a team player;
- Ability to maintain confidence and trust regarding sensitive issues;
- Strong research and analytical skills;
- Show initiative, attention to details and accuracy and ability to meet set deadline;
- Superior verbal, written and communications skills;
- Proficiency in standard office IT application packages as well as e-mail and internet; and
- Good organizing and coordinating skills.
Method of Application
Applications should be received on or before September 27, 2018.
Note: Please upload a CV and one-page Cover Letter only at this stage. No certificates or other testimonials will be required until the interview stage. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Capital Markets Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply”.
THE CAPITAL MARKETS AUTHORITY DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.
Interested and qualified? Go to Capital Markets Authority (CMA) career website on portal.cma.or.ke to apply
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview