Workplace of the Future
Post Covid 19 Are You Ready?
Free Live Workshop Register here
Managerial Jobs, Finance Manger Opportunity, Marketing Jobs,
Food Finance Manager
Opening Date: 18th Nov 2020
- The Food Finance Manager is responsible for delivering world class financial management to the Central Food Team, as aligned with the Finance functional vision, in the areas including appraisal, planning, strategy, assurance, accounting, reporting, economics and projects.
- The Finance Manager also performs a finance integration role acting as the interface between the business and the Finance Controllers, Tax, Treasury and Portfolio
(NOTE:Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2020 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID.Get the details here)
Financial Leadership:Enable Finance to deliver world class Finance service to the business, including excellence in provision of specialist FN support (Tax, Treasury, Credit etc).Optimize collaboration between the business Finance team, the Controller’s team and JV Finance Managers.Be a key contributor as part of the Central Food Team, acting as a sounding board to and challenge MDs and JV Executive Teams.Build and maintain effective relationships within the finance and business organization including Retails & CR
Strategy and Business Planning;Input into strategy development, guiding Operating Units & Joint Ventures as appropriate in development of aspirational plans.Ensure alignment of all OU T&Rs, identifying and agreeing on stretch with the MDs and JVs where appropriate.Be accountable for delivering the Operational Plan.Lead the planning process in the Central Food Team in conjunction with the OUs, ensuring business ownership and alignment with the FP&A Planning team.Management Information and Business Performance AppraisalFinancial performance (actuals) – Ensure robustness of financial performance data provided by the JV Finance Teams.Prevent the creation of non-standard MI.
Latest estimates: Ensure consistent, robust, fit for purpose and timely LE’s for the business.
Variance analysis (revenue, COGs, margin, opex, capex and working capital drivers): Provide clear and consistent business appraisal and analysis that allows for timely decision making for the leadership teams.Participate in OU Quarterly Business Reviews.
“Post” reviews (PIR etc): Ensure “post” reviews are conducted for material projects in collaboration with the business and Capex manager.Support working capital management.
(NOTE: Not sure where to get started on your cover letter? Check our NEWLY UPDATED cover letter template for NGOs for FREE! You can copy and paste this proven sample to create a lasting impression and get invited to the interview right away. Get it here.)
Business Decision SupportContract management: Ensure proper management of pricing, sales and purchase contracts, with focus on value protection and enhancement (credit, margins, customer assets…).Risk management: Ensure commercial and financial risks are properly assessed, quantified and mitigated in line with Business objectives, adhering to Group policy as appropriate.
Governance and Business Controls:Compliance (Finance Standards): Ensure all key control targets and standards are met in line with local country requirements and operated effectively across the interface.Ensure adherence to the Offer Book in ERP and processes in conjunction with Sales & Operations and manage non-compliant elements through clearly documented control procedures, in line with key stakeholder requirements.
Audits (external/internal) and Business Control Reviews: Support internal/external audit requirements as appropriate.
Accurate financial reporting.
OU Finance departments in Vivo Energy and our associated Joint Ventures are being pressed to improve the close and reporting process. Companies face increased pressure to provide higher quality information faster and more efficiently. Externally, market and regulatory bodies have accelerated reporting deadlines.
Ensure timely and flawless IFRS group reporting as well as transactional accounting
Manage and comply with statutory reporting requirements as well as tax filings
Steer external year-end audit of statutory and IFRS group reportingEnsure adequate accounting and IFRS reporting knowledge within the JV finance teams
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experiences:
Finance/Economics degree and a recognized professional accounting qualification;
CA Qualification would be an advantage
Minimum 10 years of finance experience
Focus on delivery and priorities; a self-starter,
Planning and Project management skills.
Broad knowledge of finance processes within Vivo Energy (e.g. T&R),Broad knowledge of finance processes within the QSR Food Industry
Strong communication (fluency in English), influencing and networking skills.
Specific software skills: Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Oracle, JDE.
Ability to work in a team, and under pressure, in a virtual environment.
Food Marketing Strategy & Optimization Manager
17th Nov 2020
- To formulate, direct and implement the Vivo Energy Food Strategic Marketing Plan that will support the achievement of: revenue growth, ROMI improvements, market penetration, brand health and financial targets for the brands under scope.
- The role requires a strong understanding of QSR, CR and Retail Fuel channels, general consumer and customer marketing principles. A deep understanding of the external market and competitor activities is also essential
- Success in this role will require a close relationship with the Food Management team, JV Executive teams, OU CR teams, OU Marketing teams and Central Marketing team
- The Food Marketing Strategy & Optimisation Manager reports to the JV Alliances Manager.
- Expect close work & coordination with counterparts in the Food Team and also Sales & Marketing, Engineering, HSSE both centrally and within OUs
Strategic Marketing Planning
- Leads the development and implementation of the annual strategic marketing plans, with the supervision of the JV Alliances Manager, to achieve defined business objectives across all OUs amd brands in which we operate.
- Work with JVs to develop brand portfolio objectives, strategies and plans to facilitate revenue growth
- Develops strong brands, targeting identified market and consumer needs, in order to expand the market and increase JVs share of market in the various consumer and customer segments
- Set marketing objectives including sales, profit targets, brand indicators, consumer/customer satisfaction measures and ensure follow through to implementation
- Supports new brand launches, working closely with the JV Executive teams to develop impactful and effective launch plans
- Work with JVs to creates and implements impactful promotional programs and strategies that drive sales, traffic and conversion to achieve business objectives
- Directs and evaluates regular market research to guide strategy and tactics and implements marketing plan changes as required
- Support the JVs to develop and implement the marketing communications strategy for the brands under scope, under the supervision of the JV Alliances Manager
- Professional use of market communications including the economic use of Market Research, Strategic Planning, Advertising, Media, Sales promotions, Event Marketing, PR, Branded signage, Sponsorships and Database Marketing.
- Selects and manages external advertising and promotional agencies to extract maximum value and efficiencies
Customer Value Proposition
- Supports the JVs in developing and implementing differentiated CVPs, under the guidance and supervision of the JV Alliances Manager
- Works with the JV Executive teams to create offerings and identify as best practices for other JVs, ultimately develop segment-specific offerings, and is responsible for tracking and measuring progress.
- Work with JVs to prepares annual SP&A (Sales Promotion & Advertising) budgets and ensure delivery of all marketing activity within the agreed budget
- Monitors the business performance of the various JVs and recommends corrective action when needed
- Evaluates ROMI of marketing initiatives and conducts post investment reviews.
- Work with the JVs on pricing for all brands to ensure correct positioning.
- Monitor prices and drive price positioning to extract value by price and brand mapping. Make recommendations for pricing with guidance from brand managers.
- Close interaction with Supply Chain to ensure promotional support and forecasts are shared
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experiences:
- Mid-level Marketing professional with over six (6) years of experience, at least three at a mid-level or Communications degree, or related qualification with at least 6 years’ relevant experience.
- Proven communications support to senior executives.
- A driver’s license.
- Proven track record of creating and managing effective alliances with various stakeholders (i.e. customers, media, colleagues, Governments etc.)
- Good understanding of QSR, CR and Retail fuels.
- Strong QSR Marketing experience would be a plus
- Highly evolved marketing skills and track record of converting marketing strategy into local implementation.
- Key skills:
- Translation of market research in customer offer refinements
- Developing and refining CVPs and ensuring rigorous implementation
- Developing marketing plans and delivery
- Fit-for-purpose marketing and brand communications
- Pricing management
- Must have good project management skills, able to handle multiple projects at a time.
- Personal attributes include:
- Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently
- Strategic thinking and ability to translate concepts into operational plans
- Strong consumer and customer orientation
- Ability to manage complex interfaces and senior relationships within the business
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent organizational skills
- Must have a style that promotes respect, credibility and trust throughout the organization.
- Results oriented and self-motivated.
- Strong presentation and writing skills.
- Must be a business leader and a calculated risk taker.
- Degree in Marketing and accreditation with professional marketing bodies
- Networking and influencing skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Strategic thinker
- Problem solver
- Attention to detail
- Generating Insights
- Strategic Marketing & Planning
- CVP Development – Brand
- CVP Development – Product/Service Portfolio
- CVP Development – Pricing
- CVP Development – Promotions
- CVP Development – Channel/Sector Management
- Effective Messaging
- Delivering Excellence in the Market
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview