Career Development Training
For ALL Professionals
Free Event Register here
BBC Jobs, Permanent Jobs, Journalist Jobs
|Contract Type||Permanent – Full Time|
|Closing Date||12 August, 2020|
|Business Unit||News – WSG World Service|
|Job Title||Senior Journalist|
Senior Journalist – Africa Eye
- The BBC is an international multimedia broadcaster on radio, TV, online and social networks with a weekly global audience of 320 million. As part of a historic and exciting expansion of BBC Africa, the BBC World Service has launched a range of television Language programmes and digital content that go beyond the hard news agenda to include Discussions and Technology, Sport, Business programmes and factual content for African audiences.
- Africa Eye produces 20 documentaries per year. The programmes are based on in-depth reporting that holds power to account. They tackle topics that are of intense interest and concern to audiences in Africa.
- As the Senior Journalist for Africa Eye you will be developing distinctive, significant investigations and current affairs documentaries (30min and 1 hour) which achieve high levels of impact and appreciation amongst African audiences. You will be involved from the development of ideas, through the creative process of gathering material, to the editing and delivery of outstanding content.
- With editorial innovation you will be developing great digital and TV content whilst managing budgets and observing tight financial targets. It will be your responsibility to make sound judgements on matters of editorial sensitivity.
Are you the right candidate?
- To be the ideal candidate you will have an extensive track record of work in the Sub-Saharan Africa, with at least 2 years working on African content or on the continent itself with a thorough knowledge of African news and international current affairs. You will have a good working knowledge of long form and short form production techniques suitable for television, digital video, online and other formats.
- You will have experience in the management of complex short-form news and social rollouts for long-form programmes.
- It is preferable you have experience in undercover filming with experience of working with undercover teams, deploying teams into hostile environments.
- You will need experience in managing budgets and observing tight financial targets.
(NOTE:Are you feeling stuck in your career? Get FREE career and professional consultation, coaching and mentoring.Join us for the FREE Professional Development Training.We have limited space. Book your spot here.)
- Contract: Continuing
- Local terms and conditions apply.
- Location: Nairobi
Any offer of employment with the BBC will be conditional upon you having the right to work in Kenya.
About the BBC
- Reinventing the BBC for the next Generation
- We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
- Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual’s unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
- We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
- We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. And we promote flexible working opportunities where operational needs allow.
How To Apply
- Click Here to Apply
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview