Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Project Management, Research Jobs, NGO Jobs,
Program Manager, Research Capacity Strengthening
- IAVI is seeking a dedicated Program Manager, Research Capacity Strengthening who is responsible for supporting implementation and reporting of research and training programs of the ADVANCE program, IAVI-ADVANCE Clinical Research Center (CRC) network and collaborating global institutions. The Program Manager coordinates and monitors the implementation of capacity strengthening and training programs, and provides operational and administrative support to ensure training and research objectives are achieved. The Program Manager has a comprehensive understanding of the conduct of scientific research, and is responsible for providing analytical and metrics-based reporting to staff, partners, and stakeholders supporting the fulfilment of the broader mandate of the ADVANCE program and IAVI.
- Working closely with the Director, Organization Capacity Development, manage the implementation of Individual-level capacity strengthening programs and initiatives, for example:
- Investigator Initiated Research (IIR), Leadership Development Program (LDP),
- Scientific manuscript and grant proposal writing trainings
- Trainings to enable Women Leadership in Science,
- Degree and non-degree training activities
- Research fellowships with African CRC partners and collaborating global institutions
- Organize calls for proposals, shortlisting, review, and selection process across these capacities strengthening programs and initiatives.
- Work closely with the Director, Organization Capacity Development to monitor progress ensuring capacity strengthening programmatic activity objectives are appropriately prioritized in the workplan, budgeted, met, and reported.
- Responsible for the development and administrative support managing annual training workplans based on needs and requests of African CRC partners.
- Ensure budget forecasts for supported training programs are accurate and provide support and input during annual budgeting and forecasting process.
- Support the review of research proposals, study protocols, and ethical review documents.
- Work with the Operations team to coordinate the contracting and procurement processes for capacity strengthening activities.
- Work with the MEL team to implement, track, and enable reporting of key indicators of capacity strengthening activities.
- Support capacity strengthening initiatives across Flagships within the ADVANCE program.
- Prepare reports and/or narrative updates on progress of the training programs on regular basis.
- Support the initialization, expansion and management of key capacity strengthening collaborations and partnerships enabling the success of the ADVANCE program.
- Support, organize, manage, and prepare for ADVANCE external-facing capacity strengthening-associated seminars, webinars, conferences, lectures, and workshops.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Manager.
Education and Work Experience:
- Master of Science in the Life sciences, Public health, or equivalent in a related discipline is required.
- Experience working in the field of science or health research and experience with training programs.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in developing, managing, and coordinating research programs in a medical/academic/research setting is required.
- Experience with HIV and/or vaccine clinical research trials, HIV related laboratory studies, desirable.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple programs and projects simultaneously within a matrixed organization with cross-functional team, and under minimal supervision.
- Excellent verbal, written, and communications skills required.
- Knowledge and experience working with MEL teams is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office package (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams) is required.
- Interpersonal skills and high professional standards with the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues from different countries and cultures is required.
- Experience with budget management is required.
- Experience taking responsibility for completion of tasks with high quality according to established program timelines.
- Experience identifying problems and possible solutions and assess the impact on timelines.
- Experience with e-learning platforms and web-based trainings and conferencing.
- A good understanding of adult learning and student needs, and mentorship structures.
- Flexibility and willingness to travel for work in Africa and overseas as needed.
Program Management Specialist
- IAVI is seeking an exceptional and ambitious Program Management Specialist, based in Nairobi, Kenya, who focuses on project management across the ADVANCE designated Strategic Area (SA) portfolio, working closely with Program and Operations teams, researchers, and a range of global stakeholders, The Specialist partners and supports operations across the IAVI-ADVANCE Clinical Research Center (CRC) network in East and Southern Africa.
- Support the ADVANCE Leadership and Operations team to oversee project-specific activities and initiatives to advance the designated Strategic Area program implementation, outcomes, and deliverables.
- Work closely with the MEL Coordinator to keep an updated record of performance milestones, electronic reports, and other MEL related documents.
- Consolidate records and documentation such as proposals, reporting, risk registers, meeting minutes, lessons learned, and similar documents.
- Support the establishment and maintenance of the different collaboration platforms for the SA4 program implementation team across the global network of stakeholders.
- Create readily accessible information repositories for information exchange, process, and performance reviews (ME&L).
- Conduct desk research and collate information to prepare updates, briefs, and reports on the progress of projects in various formats (e.g., e-mails, letters, meeting minutes, briefings, progress reports) to donors, investigators, and the broader ADVANCE program team.
- Interface with teams and departments across IAVI and the ADVANCE CRC network to support SA4 program delivery.
- Maintain an updated calendar of the designated SA- implementation team meetings and key engagements.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the manager.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in life science, Public Health, Organizational Management, or a related discipline is required; An advanced degree is desirable.
- Minimum 4 years’ relevant work experience in a medical, academic, research environment or non-profit setting is required.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills are required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with others at all levels are required.
- Experience and track record of taking the initiative, follow-through, and work independently is required.
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple priorities while working effectively toward deadlines is required.
- The ability to lead by example, adapt, and have self-motivation is required.
- Prior office/administration experience and strong organizational skills with attention to detail are required.
- Excellent computer skills to include Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, are required, and other relevant software used for managing projects in a research and development environment is required.
- PMP certification is desirable.
- Previous work experience in Global Health/Vaccinology/Immunology/Antibody Discovery & Development is desirable.