Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
NGO jobs, Product & Project Management jobs,
Program Officer – Career & University Program
Kakenya’s Dream seeks to empower and motivate young girls through education to become agents of change and to break the cycle of destructive cultural practices in Kenya, such as female genital mutilation and early forced marriage. These future leaders will improve their community, their nation, and the world. We challenge ourselves to come up with the best educational system for young African girls and we promise to share our models with others.
Kakenya’s Dream is seeking a Program Officer to run and manage our post-secondary programming to support and ensure the smooth transition of our Network for Excellence program students from adolescents in high school to young adults capable of supporting themselves (livelihood) whether that be by going into various vocational/colleges/university programs or pursuing entrepreneurial enterprises or beginning a family (approximately 40 students a year). In addition this position will be responsible for building and maintaining a robust alumni and mentorship program at Kakenya’s Dream. This position will be based in our field office located in Isampin, Transmara West, Narok County and reports to the Director of Programs.
(NOTE: 3 Simple, Easy to do tips to make you NEGOTIATE a 6 Figure Salary like a PRO (backed by case studies and research). Get More Details Here.)
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
University & Alumni Program Management
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all students and parents enrolled in the program.
- Work with the students beginning in Form 3 to help them identify possible majors, university programs, career paths, and funding opportunities available to them that will result in their ability to sustain a livelihood.
- Assist the students with their college and scholarship applications ensuring a high rate of acceptance.
- Develop and administer a robust 9 month curriculum to include volunteer work, computer training, basic skills training, independent living, and personal development training to engage the students between the completion of high school and the start of their next educational offering.
- Ensure that all students and parents in the program are aware of the rules and expectations, that students are complying, and lead any necessary efforts to enforce the rules as needed.
- Monitor, follow up, and intervene with any students struggling academically or adjusting to university life before problems arise and they drop out of the program prematurely.
- Encourage and foster a culture of giving back to the organization as volunteers, mentors, speakers, application reviewers, etc.
- Develop an alumni network/program from scratch.
- Collect and maintain a student database , including academic records, contact information, updated CVs, volunteer/internship experience and professional experience post university (alumni database).
- Continually assess, evaluate, and improve the program including getting feedback from the students’ learnings from M&E, and best practices employed by other organisations.
Oversee Student Internships
- Ensure that all our university students pursue opportunities to gain hands-on experience in their field of study by securing relevant career attachments.
- Develop and utilize tools to help encourage learning during attachments and collect constructive feedback from students’ supervisors to gage learning and plan for ongoing professional growth.
- Create and maintain an up to date and searchable database that includes all past and present attachments, internships and jobs held by our tertiary students and alumni.
- Assist and guide students to secure internship placement.
Manage the Mentorship Program
- Plan and implement mentorship training sessions for new mentors that includes training on what makes a good mentor and sets expectations
- Pair mentors and mentee and ensure continued participation on all sides.
- Conduct evaluations and gather feedback from both mentors and mentees to continually improve and evaluate the program.
- Liaising with the Program Accountant for timely processing of college students’ requests relating to tuition fees, accommodation, living allowance and National Hospital Insurance Funds
- Participate in annual budget development process for Tertiary students
- Ensure the programs operates within the budget
Other duties as assigned
- University degree in Business Administration, Program Management or related degree
- Knowledge of the Kenyan University system and scholarship opportunities
- Previous experience in project planning and management
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and manage multiple priorities
- Excellent time-management, planning and organizational skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and efficient
- Experience working for a nonprofit and/or an international organization that has multiple locations.
- Experience working with youth
- Experience with mentoring/career counselling and guidance
How to apply
If you meet the above qualifications send your letter of interest and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before close of business on 12th October, 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.