Feeling Stuck in Career?
Get free professional career coaching
Jobs in Kenya, January Jobs, IT Jobs
Position: Deputy Commissioner – Technology Innovation & Artificial Intelligence
The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) is the principal revenue collector for the Government of Kenya with the primary goal to deliver Kenya to financial self-sufficiency through effective tax revenue mobilization.
KRA is seeking a result-oriented, self-driven individual of high integrity to fill the position of Deputy Commissioner – Technology Innovation and Artificial Intelligence.
(NOTE: Not sure where to get started on your cover letter? Check our NEWLY UPDATED cover letter template for NGOs for FREE! You can copy and paste this proven sample to create a lasting impression and get invited to the interview right away. Get it here.)
Purpose of the job:
The Deputy Commissioner Technology Innovation & Artificial Intelligence will be responsible for defining the technologies necessary to attain KRA’s objectives and the transitional processes for implementing new technologies in response to changing needs.
Key Responsibilities of the job:
- Lead the creation and evolution of an enterprise architecture function.
- Oversees research and information gathering to monitor the industry solution landscape.
- Provide advisory to senior management on required investment to drive key application integration initiatives across KRA.
- Drive the technical planning, research, and architectural design for KRA’S big data platform, including big data lifecycle management, big data storage systems, data security and data governance.
- Develop a data modelling and design capability that effectively integrates data and support new data development, ensuring consistency and integration with existing data structures.
- Lead cross-functional teams on software and application technology selection, design considerations, evaluation criteria, due diligence requirements, and any other related software technology selection and adoption techniques.
The job holder should possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or any other related field.
- A minimum of ten (10) years working experience in IT enterprise/application/information architecture.
- A Certification by a relevant professional body e.g. a Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA).
(NOTE:Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2020 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID.Get the details here)
Interested candidates are advised to visit our website (www.kra.go.ke) for a more detailed job description for the role. All applications from qualified candidates must be submitted online. The application process is on the Careers page on the KRA website. Closing date for applications is 20th January, 2020.
KRA does not charge any application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with the recruitment or the application process.
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview