How To Get a 6 Figure Salary
Even Without a Degree or Masters
Free Live Event Register here
Chief Executive Officer Vacancy, Lake Victoria North Water Works Development Agency Jobs
Chief Executive Officer
- Lake Victoria North Water Works Development Agency was established under the Water Act 2016 to undertake the development, maintenance and management of the national public water works within its area of jurisdiction; Operate the waterworks and provide water services as a water service provider, until such a time as responsibility for the operation and management of the water works are handed over to a county government, joint committee, authority of county governments or water services provider; Provide reserve capacity for purposes of providing water services where pursuant to section 103, the Regulatory Board orders the transfer of water services functions from a defaulting water services provider to another licensee, Provide technical services and capacity building to such county governments and water services providers as may be requested and provide to the Cabinet Secretary technical support in the discharge of his or her functions under the Constitution and the Water Act 2016.
- Lake Victoria North Water Works Development Agency was established on 26th April, 2019 through a Legal Notice No. 28 to undertake its mandate in Busia, Bungoma, Vihiga, Kakamega, Nandi and Trans-Nzoia Counties.
- The Agency now seeks to recruit a dynamic, exceptional and visionary leaders with good professional and ethical standing to fill the position of The Chief Executive Officer. The successful candidate will execute the mandate of the Agencies.
- He/She will be reporting to the Board of Directors and be responsible for overseeing all the strategic, operational and financial performance of the organization through effective management.
The successful candidate shall have the following key responsibilities:
- Provide strategic direction and leadership in line with the Agency’s Strategic Plan;
- Oversee implementation of corporate business plan and strategies based on the Agency’s business philosophy, mission, vision and core values;
- Undertake prudent financial management and investment mandates by ensuring sound policies and practices are adopted for optimal utilization and returns;
- Oversee optimal and effective operations of the Agency’s water infrastructure;
- Develop and engage effective leadership teams to ensure excellent performance and effective succession planning at the Agency.
- Develop and strengthen networks and partnerships with the government, development partners and private sector to spearhead fundraising for project implementation and sustainability; and
- Foster a conducive corporate culture that promotes strong ethical practices, good governance, employee productivity and compliance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements as stipulated in Mwongozo.
(NOTE:Are you feeling stuck in your career? Get FREE career and professional consultation, coaching and mentoring.Join us for the FREE Professional Development Training.We have limited space. Book your spot here.)
Qualifications and work experience:
The successful candidate must have the following qualifications:
- A citizen of Kenya with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration/Commerce, Management, Project Management or any other related field thereto from a university recognized in Kenya.
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field from a university recognized in Kenya.
- Registration with relevant professional registration body or association (if any) and be in good standing.
- Have at least fifteen (15) years’ experience in project development oriented establishment/s preferably in the infrastructure or water sectors, at least five (5) years of which must be in a senior management position.
- Sound knowledge and application of, among others, Public Finance Management and Public Procurement Procedures in line with Public Finance Management Act 2012 and Public Procurement and Asset Disposals Act 2015 and its regulations respectively.
- Knowledge of water management issues, reforms and mobilization of funds.
- Strong visionary leadership and negotiation skills with capacity to engage with local, regional and international organizations:
- Conversant with GoK, donor funded projects and familiarity with water sector management;
- Strategic thinker with good commercial acumen and the ability to identify economic opportunities in changing environment and to capitalize on them;
- Demonstrate competence in steering implementation of large scale water projects;
- Familiarity with reforms in the public sector and commercial settings;
- Track history of creativity, innovation, self-drive, result orientation and ability to handle a public organization;
- Be conversant with various investment modes including public private partnerships and build operate transfer among others;
- A demonstrated adaptability to drive change and transformation, with proven capability of quickly assessing complex situations, generating astute, practical and pragmatic solutions, generating plans of action and addressing problems;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, strong interpersonal, analytical, organizational and team capacities and high professional ethical standing; and
- Should be experienced in steering and managing an organization and related staff welfare matters.
The appointment will be for a contractual period of three (3) years renewable once for a similar period of time subject to satisfactory performance and delivery of set performance targets and outcomes set and evaluated by the Board. Applicants will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Kenya Constitution 2010 by attaching copies of the following;
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Director of Criminal Investigations;
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board;
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; and
- Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau.
- Interested persons who meet the minimum criteria are requested to submit their applications including copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, testimonials and Curriculum Vitae which must have the applicant’s email address, day time mobile telephone numbers, details of current employer, current remuneration and names and contacts of three (3) referees familiar with the applicant’s professional background and experience.
- Applications may be deposited at LVNWWDA Chairman’s Office located at the Head Office at Kefinco House, Off Kakamega-Kisumu Road, Kakamega, orsent by post or emailto be received on or before 7th April 2020:
Board of Directors
Lake Victoria North Water Works Development Agency
P. O. Box 673 – 50100
- Canvassing in any manner shall lead to automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- LVNWWDA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women and persons with disabilities to apply.