Workplace of the Future
Post Covid 19 Are You Ready?
Free Live Workshop Register here
Position: Training and Development Manager
Location: Kenya, Nairobi
Training and Development Manager Middle Africa
(NOTE: Not sure where to get started on your cover letter? Check our NEWLY UPDATED cover letter template for NGOs for FREE! You can copy and paste this proven sample to create a lasting impression and get invited to the interview right away. Get it here.)
Headquartered in Denmark, Novo Nordisk is a global healthcare company with more than 90 years of innovation and leadership in diabetes care. This heritage has given us experience and capabilities that also enable us to help people defeat other serious chronic conditions: haemophilia, growth disorders and obesity.
Novo Nordisk employs approximately 42,000 employees in 79 countries, and markets its products in more than 170 countries.
About the affiliate
Novo Nordisk Middle Africa was formed in early 2012. Novo Nordisk has an established presence with human insulin in Africa and our focus today is to sustain the growth of the market, ensure access to better quality modern insulin within the markets and support the communities living with diabetes. The affiliate covers 49 countries with offices in Lagos and Nairobi.
Novo Nordisk Middle Africa is looking for a Training and Development Manager to lead the development and implementation of short- and medium-term training & development plans with focus on affiliate ambition/strategy, the Business Area and Regional priorities. The role is responsible for ensuring a high level of knowledge and competencies developed across the Middle Africa Affiliate.
The position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya and report to the People and Organization Manager, Middle Africa.
- Ensure high levels of product and therapy area knowledge in Middle Africa by driving the ITC program for new recruits
- Develop and implement an ongoing training and development program for all employees in Middle Africa
- Devise and implement assessment tools to evaluate learnings acquired
- Lead development initiatives in line with the talent management and succession management agenda for the affiliate
- Embed the use of the available Competency Frameworks in Middle Africa and propose / conduct training programmes to address gaps identified
- Support commercial effectiveness audits
- Affiliate coach for IO Business Graduate and EBT Support
- Drive coaching initiatives for the affiliate
- Communication of department activity and achievements updates across the affiliate through the appropriate communications channels
- Provide trainings to the organization on embedding Novo Nordisk Way
- Ensure cross functional collaboration with internal and external stakeholders
- Work with Corporate and Business Area Legal and Compliance members
(NOTE:Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2019 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID.Get the details here)
We are looking for a candidate with the following qualifications and experience:
- University Degree in relevant area, possibly Sales and Marketing (with pharmaceutical industry experience), Human Resources, organizational psychology, or other. Master / MBA is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience / ability in the field of training especially in Sales and Marketing would be a strong advantage
- Relevant IT skills
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience within the Pharmaceutical / Healthcare industry
- Strong communication and coaching skills
- Ability to work independently, pro-actively and self-driven
- Significant travel across the Affiliate and out of Africa will be required
Working at Novo Nordisk
At Novo Nordisk, we use our skills, dedication and ambition to help people with diabetes. We offer the chance to be part of a truly global work place, where passion and engagement are met with opportunities for professional and personal development.
15th November 2019