Become a Certified Project Management Specialist
About RNW Media:
RNW Media is an international NGO and centre of expertise that builds digital communities for social change. We use online media to engage young people (15-30 years old) on sensitive and often-taboo subjects – from love, sex and relationships to civic participation. Through our platforms, young people get comprehensive science- and rights-based information and a safe space to focus on their aspirations and engage in constructive dialogue about what really matters to them. RNW Media runs the Love Matters programme. Love Matters is a global leader in delivering information and media on love, sex and relationships to 18-30 year olds in areas where information on sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) is censored or taboo.
RNW Media is looking for a:
- Moderator – 36 hours per week – number 19–050
- Programme/PMEL Officer – 36 hours per week – number 19-051
- Love Matters Kenya Coordinator – 36 hours per week – number 19-052
These positions are for our project Love Matters Kenya
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and facilitate regular content on social media platforms to support project’s goals for social change;
- Implements the online community moderation strategy, coordinating with team to create a safe and welcoming environment to talk about political/social/cultural topics and other relevant project related topics;
- Moderate and engage with social media followers and building online communities of scale;
- Develop and conduct social media campaigns, with the support from engagement coordinator from Headquarter and online marketer from local team;
- Monitor the performance of social media platforms and gather impact stories and valuable comments to fulfill the requirements of satisfactory output and outcome indicators, working together with PMEL coordinator.
(NOTE: Would you like to know the BIGGEST CV mistake you can make? Find out plus the Top 8 Ways To Make Your CV Stand Out.)
- Proven knowledge and experience in sexual health and reproductive rights, medicine or a related field;
- Extensive experience working in the SRHR field, preferably LGBT-spaces;
- Ability to work in an emotionally challenging role;
- Ability to be neutral/non-judgmental in a highly politized and polarized space;
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills, and able to act independently;
- Working knowledge of online community platform moderation tools (Forums, Blogs, Photo Uploads, Commenting; social media moderation and social media engagement etc.);
- Ability to effectively communicate information with users;
- Familiar with various social media platforms and CMS’s (Drupal/WordPress);
- Flexible to work days, evening/nights, and/or weekends as and when required.
PROGRAMME/PMEL OFFICER (19-051)
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Programme/PMEL Officer supports the team with the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of project and project results, and helps the team to adapt and improve projects based on lessons learned from project results;
- In coordination with the PMEL Specialist at Headquarters in Hilversum, the Netherlands s/he designs, tests and implements innovative (online and offline) evaluation methodologies, participatory data collection methods and protocols, data analysis and reporting;
- S/he produces timely and high-quality reports, both for learning and accountability purposes;
- Responsible for successful implementation and roll out of in-country programmes and related deliverables according to donor targets.
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field (international development, social science, political science);
- At least 3 years of experience in both qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis, using statistical methods;
- Experience in managing and motivating teams and taking responsibility for programme performance;
- At least 3 years of experience in performance monitoring for the improvement of ongoing project management and reporting on results;
- Experience with Theory of Change and testing of assumptions through operational research preferred;
- Experience with PMEL in the fields of social cohesion, inclusive governance and / or sexual and reproductive health & rights preferred;
- Experience with PMEL of digital projects and/or digital analytics preferred;
- Affinity with our young target group (18 – 30).
LOVE MATTERS KENYA COORDINATOR (19-052)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the different activities and projects in Kenya and make sure they all contribute to the impact described in the projects TOC or logical frameworks;
- Manage local team in Kenya and ensure it meets targets and deadlines; recruit local staff and interns in coordination with the Regional Manager; (provide input for) performance evaluations;
- Be responsible for and coordinate proposal writing and negotiations with partners and/or stakeholders;
- Develop effective and efficient proposals and partnerships in line with our TOC and business strategy;
- Review and process reimbursements; and Coordinate with Regional Manager and Finance team at Headquarters in Hilversum for payments;
- Guarding editorial and engagement strategy in all content and resources of the website and social media platforms;
- RNW Media and the projects in Kenya at relevant events and conferences;
- Liaise between RNW Media in Hilversum and team on security issues: (incident) reporting (filling the security issue log), participate in training, implement actions.
- University Master’s Degree in a relative field (international development, social science, reproductive health, political science);
- 3+ years organisational management experience;
- Has experience with converting proposals and agreements to legal contracts;
- Native/near native speaker of relevant regional/country language and excellent English language abilities;
- Experience or understanding of social change and/or behaviour change through media;
- Experience in coordinating a team and taking responsibility for colleagues’ performance;
- Strong programme management, planning and communication skills.
(NOTE:Are you feeling stuck in your career? Get FREE career and professional consultation, coaching and mentoring.Join us for the FREE Professional Development Training.We have limited space. Book your spot here.)
What do we offer?
The assignments are for 36 hours per week with a contract for one year, subject to renewal. Salary is based on experience and expertise.
How to apply?
Send us a CV and a 1-page (maximum) motivation letter, in English, by applying here. Deadline for application: 16 December 2019. Please indicate in your letter and CV on which vacancy and vacancy number you are applying!
- PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ONLY UPLOAD FILES THAT ARE EITHER IN PDF OR DOCX;
- Acquisition is not appreciated;
- Applicants will be reviewed as they come in. Due to the large number of applications we are likely to receive, unfortunately, we will not be able to respond to every application. Only candidates that are selected for the interview phase will be notified.