Workplace of the Future
Post Covid 19 Are You Ready?
Free Live Workshop Register here
IFC Jobs, Team Assistant Jobs
- Job #: req7501
- Organization: IFC
- Sector: Administration/Office Support
- Grade: GB
- Term Duration: 3 years 0 months
- Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
- Location: Nairobi,Kenya
- Required Language(s): English
- Preferred Language(s): French
- Closing Date: 6/10/2020 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
- IFC—a sister organization of the World Bank and member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2019, we invested more than $19 billion in private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit www.ifc.org
- IFC’s Nairobi office is seeking to recruit a highly motivated Team Assistant to provide effective and efficient administrative support to the assigned departmental team. This role will contribute to the effective operation and administrative coordination of the team in assigned department and should be ready to step up to undertake new responsibilities and challenges with enthusiasm.
Duties and Accountabilities:
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Provide high quality support to the department/team, including scheduling of appointments, monitor documents for signature/approval; monitor and follow up on issues and priorities; handle incoming correspondence and internal and external queries; draft and handle routine correspondence;
- Provide primary assistance in the implementation of the teams work program, including some specialized support in a specific area(s), e.g. task management, procurement, database management, information technology, editorial assistance, etc.
- Identify and resolve diverse issues/problems as they arise, which often requires interpretation of existing procedures and processes and independently determining the appropriate application;Suggest ways to enhance work organization and effectiveness;
- Exercise quality enhancement function for project and other documents by ensuring adherence to departmental and institutional guidelines;
- Serve as an information resource on status of projects/products and draft a variety of standard project-related correspondence;Act as back-up to other ACS colleagues in the office in their absence or during a busy period;
- Undertake ad hoc duties that may be assigned by the Supervisor, or the designated Task Team Lead.
(NOTE: Not sure where to get started on your cover letter? Check our NEWLY UPDATED cover letter template for NGOs for FREE! You can copy and paste this proven sample to create a lasting impression and get invited to the interview right away. Get it here.)
Work will involve frequent interaction with the following:
- Internal contacts: other VP units, World Bank as well as staff in all locations, locally and internationally.External contacts: Government Officials, Consultants, External Organizations, and other Service providers
- Bachelor’s degree with at 2 – 3 years’ relevant work experience in a large multinational organization
- Proficiency in office productivity tools (including MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)High degree of judgment and tact in handling, processing and communicating matters of a sensitive and confidential nature
- High degree of motivation, initiative, flexibility and reliability
- Outstanding interpersonal skills to interact effectively with a range of contacts internally and externally and deal effectively with diverse situations which require good judgment, tact and diplomacy
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team-orientated, multi-cultural environment, and function as an effective team member in various groups
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to prepare draft communications and ensure quality of written outputs
- Ability to produce high quality work under pressure
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Fluency in English. French is an advantage
- Poverty has no borders, neither does excellence. We succeed because of our differences and we continuously search for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds from around the globe.
How To Apply
- Click Here to Apply