Career Development Training
For ALL Professionals
Free Event Register here
Trade Finance Officer Jobs, Trade Development Bank Jobs
Trade Finance Officer (264)
- The Eastern and Southern African Trade and Development Bank, previously known as the PTA Bank and now rebranded and trading as Trade Development Bank (TDB), is a specialized African multilateral financial institution serving public and private sector clients in most of the Eastern and Southern African states. TDB’s objective is to provide short, medium and long-term financing to viable trade, projects and infrastructure transactions in its member states.
- TDB aims to attract and retain exceptionally talented professionals by offering a conducive working environment and attractive salaries and benefits. In line with its growth strategy, TDB is looking for self-motivated and results oriented professionals to join a team committed to building a world class financial institution aimed at promoting trade, economic development and regional integration. Interested and qualified candidates who are nationals of TDB’s member states are therefore invited to apply for the subject position.
- The Trade Finance Officer is responsible for identification of trade finance proposals, credit evaluation, risk management and mitigation, recommendation on structuring of appropriate facilities in adherence to institutional risk/ return requirements, monitoring the performance of portfolio and marketing the Bank’s conventional/ structured trade finance products.
- Identify and structure suitable transactions/clients and identify suitable counter-parties (collateral managers, trade finance insurers, etc.) and financing partners/agent banks in case of syndication/co-financing;
- Actively support Trade Finance Officers and Analysts with respect to financial analysis and due diligence on all transactions to ensure quality control;
- Prepare and analyse credit proposals for trade/structured trade finance facilities for funding by the bank;
- Establish and maintain strategic relations with clients at senior management level of the Bank’s existing and prospective partners and stakeholders;
- Produce periodic technical and financial progress reports on trade finance facilities under their supervision;
- Seek new business opportunities in the region to ensure a good pipeline of transactions;
- Undertake product development and marketing initiatives and develop client base using contacts, experience and relationship to pursue trade finance opportunities;
- Prepare board papers, ALCO reports, and partake as a member of committees/taskforce;
- Provide support to middle office operations including documentary credit review.
Minimum Years of Relevant Experience
- A minimum of 5-8 years of professional experience and proven track record in a Commercial / Development Banking or Financial institution environment with sound knowledge of Structured Trade and Commodity Finance Products.
Qualification, Knowledge and Skills
- A Masters’ degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Banking, Finance, or Economics with certification in documentary credit or similar qualification;
- Proven track record and experience in documentary credits with ability to process complex trade finance instruments;
- Robust knowledge of the regulatory environment in the Bank’s operating region as it relates to Structured Trade and Commodity Finance Products with excellent knowledge of professional and industry standards;
- Strong acounting and financial analysis skills;
- Results oriented individual with excellent written and communication skills with proven ability to rapidly produce quality reports and ability to work in a multicultural setting;
- Proven organizational, problem solving and decision-making skills with the ability to build partnerships, work in multinational teams, deliver results and management of client relationships;
- Proficiency in the use of computer programs including MS Office applications;
- Fluency in English is a requirement and further fluency in French or Portuguese will be an added advantage.
- Interested and qualified candidates should express their interest by submitting their applications by 13th December 2020 (deadline extended).Candidates who had previously submitted their applications need not reapply.
- Applications should include a resume, academic and professional certificates, full contact address and the names and addresses of three referees.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted further. TDB is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Click Here to Apply
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview