Workplace of the Future
Post Covid 19 Are You Ready?
Free Live Workshop Register here
Hospitality Jobs, Jobs in Kenya
- Organization: Kempinski Hotels
- Location: Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi
- Job Type: Regular
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Posting: Jan 27, 2020
- Unposting Date: Feb 01, 2020
- Job Number: 2000002N
- Villa Rosa Kempinski is a Five Star luxury hotel situated on Chiromo Road, the hotel is just a 5-minute drive to the city centre, and 20 km from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.The hotel boasts of 200 stylishly-designed and tastefully-decorated rooms and suites spread on 10 floors, 5 themed restaurants, varied conference rooms plus Kempinski The Spa.
- Reporting to the stores Ass. Purchasing Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for supervising operations of the main stores, receiving, receipting, storing and issuing of materials from the stores. He/she will safeguard the financial integrity and stability of the hotel and minimize any exposure to potential risks. He/she will supervise and ensure all goods received are labeled and verified and that items are stored correctly and maintained in a safe, sanitary and organized storage.
- Consistently offer professional services to the user departments in the hotel.
- Supervise receiving, storing and issuing of food, beverage and general store inventory items to user departments.
- Develop and maintain par levels for all storeroom products.
- Re-ordering of all storeroom items in time to avoid operation interruptions.
- Monitor the expiry date of all the stock items and circulate an email to users (F&B) of the expected expiries at least in one- and two-months’ notice.
- Maintaining necessary records with accuracy of information and should always adhere to FIFO principle of issuing.
- Maintaining inventory of supplies on a monthly basis.
- Enter data into inventory records on a daily basis.
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness and hygienic standards in all storage areas.
- Secure all the stocks in the hotel to ensure high level of security and fire hazard risks are reduced to zero.
- Ensure all the stores issuing procedures are followed strictly by the user departments.
- Do a stock reconciliation every end month to explain the variances if any.
- Do spot checks in stores and submit a report once a month.
- To perform other related duties as may be assigned by the management from time to time.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
(NOTE:Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2019 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID.Get the details here)
- Degree/Diploma in Finance/ Accounting/Purchasing/Supply Chain.
- 2-3 years in stores and general accounting experience
- Experience in accounting software is a plus
- Knowledge of the generally accepted accounting principles and local regulations
- Proficiency in Excel and Word
- Experience in a similar role and proven track record may be considered in lieu of specialized education.
- Applies a professional, confidential and ethical approach at all times
- Works in a safe, prudent and organized manner
- Ability to handle high volume with attention to detail
How to Apply
- Click Here to Apply for the above position