How To Get a 6 Figure Salary
Even Without a Degree or Masters
Free Live Event Register here
Hospitality Jobs, Jobs in Kenya
- Organization: Kempinski Hotels
- Location: Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi
- Job Type: Regular
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Posting: Jan 27, 2020
- Unposting Date: Feb 01, 2020
- Job Number: 2000002N
- Villa Rosa Kempinski is a Five Star luxury hotel situated on Chiromo Road, the hotel is just a 5-minute drive to the city centre, and 20 km from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.The hotel boasts of 200 stylishly-designed and tastefully-decorated rooms and suites spread on 10 floors, 5 themed restaurants, varied conference rooms plus Kempinski The Spa.
- Reporting to the stores Ass. Purchasing Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for supervising operations of the main stores, receiving, receipting, storing and issuing of materials from the stores. He/she will safeguard the financial integrity and stability of the hotel and minimize any exposure to potential risks. He/she will supervise and ensure all goods received are labeled and verified and that items are stored correctly and maintained in a safe, sanitary and organized storage.
- Consistently offer professional services to the user departments in the hotel.
- Supervise receiving, storing and issuing of food, beverage and general store inventory items to user departments.
- Develop and maintain par levels for all storeroom products.
- Re-ordering of all storeroom items in time to avoid operation interruptions.
- Monitor the expiry date of all the stock items and circulate an email to users (F&B) of the expected expiries at least in one- and two-months’ notice.
- Maintaining necessary records with accuracy of information and should always adhere to FIFO principle of issuing.
- Maintaining inventory of supplies on a monthly basis.
- Enter data into inventory records on a daily basis.
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness and hygienic standards in all storage areas.
- Secure all the stocks in the hotel to ensure high level of security and fire hazard risks are reduced to zero.
- Ensure all the stores issuing procedures are followed strictly by the user departments.
- Do a stock reconciliation every end month to explain the variances if any.
- Do spot checks in stores and submit a report once a month.
- To perform other related duties as may be assigned by the management from time to time.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
- Degree/Diploma in Finance/ Accounting/Purchasing/Supply Chain.
- 2-3 years in stores and general accounting experience
- Experience in accounting software is a plus
- Knowledge of the generally accepted accounting principles and local regulations
- Proficiency in Excel and Word
- Experience in a similar role and proven track record may be considered in lieu of specialized education.
- Applies a professional, confidential and ethical approach at all times
- Works in a safe, prudent and organized manner
- Ability to handle high volume with attention to detail
How to Apply
- Click Here to Apply for the above position
Dont Miss The Latest Jobs Advertised Today. CLICK HERE to register for FREE