Work with NGOs Starting Salary- Ksh 200k
Jobs 2020, Job Opportunities,
Job Title: Analyst
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Contract: Permanent & full time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
AgDevCo is recruiting for an Analyst to join our East Africa team in our new regional office in Nairobi. Established in 2009, AgDevCo is a social impact investor that invests in agribusinesses in Sub-Saharan Africa. Its aim is to promote sustainable and commercially viable agribusinesses and to achieve high development impact by reducing poverty, contributing to wider economic growth and development. AgDevCo provides patient capital, in the form of debt and/or equity, and specialist advice to support a portfolio of high-potential investees. The company works closely with its investees as collaborative, yet challenging, partners. AgDevCo’s approach allows for a better mutual understanding of each investment’s opportunities and risks, which facilitates and accelerates business improvements. AgDevCo has regional offices and country presence in West, East and Southern Africa – and investments in 10 countries in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Interested candidates that meet the following requirements should consider applying.
- Strong academic results and the completion of, at least, an undergraduate degree with a minimum 2:1 or equivalent in Economics, Finance or a similar subject focus. Most shortlisted candidates will have a relevant postgraduate degree.
- At least 1-2 years of experience in a relevant area (e.g. impact investing, investment banking, private equity, financial consulting or similar).
- An understanding of the opportunities and challenges involved in agricultural development, investing in commercial agribusinesses, and investing for impact. Candidates must also demonstrate in their applications a clear motivation to work to address these challenges.
- Strong finance and accounting knowledge, as well as excellent data analysis/ quantitative skills. Strong applicants will offer experience of building and reviewing DCF financial models in packages such as Microsoft Excel. Shortlisted candidates will have their quantitative skills tested as part of the recruitment process.
- Excellent written skills, including an ability to take complex analysis and summarise its key takeaways in a structured and succinct manner. Strong applicants will offer experience contributing to senior-level (e.g. board-level) documents or public-facing reports, and will thus an understanding of the importance of strong writing skills and attention to detail. Shortlisted candidates will complete a writing exercise as part of the recruitment process.
- Fluency in English, with excellent presentation, communications and interpersonalskills. Strong applicants will have demonstrated experience delivering presentations to senior-level staff or stakeholders.
- An ability to work independently, as well as part of a team. We are looking for individuals with the humility, patience and good humour required to make strong team players.