Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Medical jobs, Healthcare jobs,
Regional Medical Manager – Homa Bay
The Regional Manager (RM) represents AHF’s mission and core values on a local basis while developing relationships with community resources and growing AHF’s business lines within the Region. They also maintain extensive knowledge of standards of HIV/AIDS care and knowledge of contracts for services and programs. The RM position is a combination of leadership and clinical care. It involves the management of resources such as staff, infrastructure, equipment, finances; building and maintaining strategic partnerships; reporting, and ensuring the highest standards of care in the program. Ultimately this role entails day-to-day operations, quality assurance, and decision-making in liaison with appropriate managers/directors. This position will be based in Homa Bay County and will oversee all program sites in Western Kenya.
Leadership and Management:
- Oversees AHF medical operations in the region and supports the Medical Director to efficiently and effectively deliver quality clinical services in the region
- Provides technical support to the Prevention and Treatment program ensuring linkage of outreach activities to treatment and care program through well-established processes of patient linkages and service integration
- Attends key technical partners meetings and provides feedback to management
- Builds and maintains partnerships with key stakeholders in the Health and HIV/AIDS sector e.g. with MOH, NASCOP, NACC, etc.
- Ensures that CMEs are conducted in all sites and participates in the facilitation of CME sessions.
- Ensure attendance of healthcare center medical staff at weekly CME seminars and recommend CME (Continuing Medical Education) programs as appropriate based on peer reviews
- Participates in staff need assessment, interviewing, and induction of newly hired staff
- Ensures a high quality of clinical services is delivered at all AHF-supported sites in the region. Lead quality assurance initiatives in the region
- Provides periodic comprehensive support supervision reports, adhering to the tools provided by AHF
- Promotes the implementation of standard operating procedures for all activities relating to good clinical practice and ensures functional QI teams are in existence at site levels
- Supervises and implements quality management activities and quality benchmarks monitoring, facilitation of quality assurance, and quality improvement sessions
- Ensures effective patient flow in all sites, especially those with a high volume of patients, and coordinate time-motion surveys to monitor performance
- Oversees the timely collection, compilation, and reporting of routine and specific data to guide decision-making at the site, regional, and country program level
- Leads in AHF Advocacy activities in the region including providing periodic advocacy updates to staff
- Serves as AHF’s advocate at the site level
(NOTE: Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2021 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID. Get the details click here)
- Provides direct supervision and mentorship to clinical officers, nurses, laboratory technologists, pharmacists, pharm techs, health records officers, etc. working in the different facilities in the region to ensure continuous growth and learning
- Ensures timely compilation and submission of monthly drug inventory reports in coordination with the Program Pharmacist Clinical care
- Provides clinical care in conjunction with other team members
- Spends at least 2 days per week providing direct patient care
- Responsible for patient chart review and peer review following the guidelines established by the Policies and Procedures Committee
- Attend medical provider meetings (at minimum, once a month) to discuss difficult patients and mortality cases.
- Must be a Medical Doctor from a recognized institution. Additional qualification in Health systems management or public health will be an added advantage
- Minimum of five (5) years medical/health service experience preferred with a sound knowledge of basic medical disciplines to allow for accurate diagnosis and appropriate management of clinical problems
- Three years or more of recent experience with HIV/AIDS treatment; two years minimum of administration and program management experience with knowledge of clinical protocols and procedures in the management of HIV related diseases
- Must be registered with Kenya Medical Pharmacists and Dentists Board and must have a valid practice license.
Suitable candidates are encouraged to send their applications with updated CVs to Globalhr.Africa@aidshealth.org and indicate “Operations Manager- Nairobi” or “Regional Medical Manager – Homa Bay” on the subject of the email, not later than 31st October 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. AHF is an equal opportunity employer. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.