Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree
Working with NGOs, the UN & International Organisation
Find details here
Career Opportunity, Latest Openings,
Title: RO Coordinator
Div/Dept: Africa Regional Office (RO)
Location: Based in Nairobi
Reporting Relationship: Regional Director
This position serves as a resource in providing programmatic and administrative support to the Regional Office. This includes organizing travel, scheduling meetings, preparing financial reports, and stewardship of the master confidential files. S/he will be also responsible to manage assigned projects, data collection and analysis for decision making, and plays designated roles as a member of the logistics and administrative support team of the Africa Regional Office. This position handles the most sensitive information and records and requires the highest level of confidentiality and professional demeanor.
- Supports programmatic initiatives at RO level in key areas, corporate partnerships and engagement, advocacy, research and documentation.
- Responsible for the Regional Office’s administrative duties that includes: responding to routine correspondence and requests on behalf of the Regional Director (RD); proof reading correspondence; and assisting in maintaining program and financial records
- Manage the travel arrangements of the RD and other designated staff. This includes liaison with the travel agent, preparing itineraries, ticketing, and documentation of travel authorizations, hotel and rental car reservations, and visas/ workpermits when required.
- Coordinate the annual RD’s travel and meeting commitments and prepare weekly/daily schedules. This requires routine communications with staff at the International Headquarters in Richmond and Washington DC; Regional Offices and partner organizations.
- Responsible for the efficient daily workflow of the office; assists in maximizing use of time and resources of the office and in maintenance of permanent records and files.
- As directed, provides support to special internal and external committees, activities, and forums; works in close concert with all Divisions under the RD responsibility
- Responsible for the coordination, collation and preparation of divisional reports required for Global Leadership Team and Board meetings/reports; provides support to RD on consolidation and presentation of all division information.
- Responsible for the development, tracking and reporting of RO budget ensuring follow up on all invoices for payment, issue resolution and filing.
- Responsible for the organization and preparations of background documents and filing of materials and meetings minutes.
- Manage the petty cash and perform any assigned support in the area of data entry and documentation.
- Supports the regional in new staff onboarding and orientation, filing of personnel files and records for leave, and other assigned duties.
- Supports the formation and creation of partnerships and alliances with different stakeholders. This will include participation in meetings and provide analysis and write ups on potential partnerships.
- Supports special projects management, budgeting and reporting.
- Support the RO procurement function and provide occasional support to finance whenever there is need.
- RO Event Management/ Meetings such as Africa Leadership Team (ALT) meetings, Regional Visits
- Update the pre-arrival security document.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
(IMPORTANT:Earn 200K working in NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, International Development Community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID.Get the details click here)
- College degree in Development, Business administration, human resource management (or equivalent) with 5 years of experience in management or administrative or office manager role.
- Training/Proficiency in software applications (operating systems, data analysis, graphics, and presentations, spreadsheet, database, accounting operations software, project management software, presentation software).
- Strong commitment to the missions and goals of the organization.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required.
- Ability to manage projects, draw conclusions and report results to aid in decision making for the division.
- Ability to manage special projects, prepare written and financial reports, and present data in graphical forms, excellent editing and proofreading skills.
- Ability to work independently, handle confidential matters, prioritize multiple tasks and follow up and meet strict deadlines.
- Professional demeanor required with the proven ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) at all levels of the organization internally and externally.
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive and constructive attitude.
- Demonstrated openness to change and ability to manage complexities and remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure.
- Demonstrated diplomacy in working with diverse cultures and audiences and sensitive situations and subject matter.
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview