Want to Work with UN and NGOs?
What are the qualifications?
Free Event Register here
Service Manger Opening, Coordinator Opening,
Coordinator – Strategic Foresight; Africa Region
The role will be responsible for working with a team of people and partners, who source, catalyse, co-produce and undertake cutting-edge trends research and analysis to generate evidence, ideas, innovation and solutions for the Humanitarian sector in a changing world. It will support Leaders and decision makers of National societies to engage with foresight thinking and trends and help them to explore the implications for change and strategy within their National Societies. The position is co-funded by Italian Red Cross through the Solferino Academy and the Kenya Red Cross through the International Centre for Humanitarian Affairs (ICHA). The position will be hosted by the ICHA in Nairobi but directly reporting to a Global team in the Solferino Academy based in Rome.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Producing Futures analysis: with the teams and partners research, analyse and produce research, position papers, think pieces, blogs and other material that interrogate trends and transformations in the African Region and their impacts on the humanitarian sector.
- Building teams and partners: working with colleagues in the Solferino Academy and the wider IFRC network source and develop highly effective partnerships with universities, think tanks and other relevant bodies from the African region to collaborate on the agenda.
- Promote engagement with the research: working with the Head of Engagement and Design in the Solferino Academy and others support the design and delivery of strategies that can educate, engage and inspire across a massive distributed network. Utilising both digital engagement across the network and in person experiences at workshops and events, create compelling narratives, story-telling and, discussion and debate that confronts the major challenges facing the organisation and excites and catalyses opportunities for change.
- Support NS Leadership and Strategy and Innovation teams across the African Region to engage with foresight approaches and to utilise futures and foresight in their own strategic planning and operational considerations.
- The role will focus primarily on the African Region but will also support global initiatives and activities. Given that the role is hosted and part funded by Kenya RC, the role will also provide some extra technical support to Kenya RC strategy, foresight and Innovation initiatives.
(IMPORTANT:Write a Perfect Cover Letter in minutes and start getting interviews! Get expert advice as you write.Use Theses Examples Proven to Work.)
Professional experience with some of the following, either as a leader or directly, will be valued:
- Experience with futures and foresight research approaches, particularly in quantitative and qualitative horizon scanning and trend analysis desirable, and Horizon Scanning platforms desirable.
- Experience with Innovation approaches and practices, including facilitating innovation and design focussed workshops.
- Experience supporting Senior leadership to think through and design Strategy, change and transformation initiatives in their organisations
- Leading or facilitating practice or academic research agendas and/or teams, particularly within the Humanitarian and Development sectors
- Experience working with diverse, distributed and remote teams in matrix arrangements
- Securing and managing strategic alliances and partnerships and building business lines for both internal and external stakeholders
- Experience managing the work of interns and volunteers
In addition, familiarity with the following approaches would be desired:
- Organisational change and transformation
- Complexity and systems thinking
- Leadership development
We are looking for someone who preferably has studied to advanced level one or some of the following, but equivalent work experience is also valued;
(IMPORTANT:Earn 200K working in NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, International Development Community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID.Get the details click here)
Arts, Humanities, social sciences, international development, political science, Knowledge Management, Innovation, Futures or other related fields.
- Creative, entrepreneurial and innovative
- An inspiring leader who can understand and connect with a diverse range of stakeholders including senior leaders
- Excellent communication skills and relationship management
- Comfortable with collaborating and influencing distributed people and teams in a matrix environment
- Flexile and adaptive
- A self-starter who functions well within multiple concurrent teams
- Excellent command with the English language. Preferred proficiency with French also would be a strong advantage
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should apply strictly through https://www.redcross.or.ke/Careers so as to reach us not later than 30th January 2021;
Service Manager (Food & Beverage Lecturer)
(Note:If you have ever wanted to work with NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, International Development Community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID.Here is your chance, click here)
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT – (RE-ADVERTISEMENT)
BIHC (Boma International Hospitality College) was established in 2015 to address an increasing gap in the provision of qualified staff within the hospitality industry in Kenya and regionally. In 2016, BIHC partnered with the Business and Hotel Management School (BHMS), a world-class hospitality school in Lucerne, Switzerland. This partnership paved the way for a dynamic educational and training approach that allows the undergraduate students to complete their 2-year diplomas in Hotel Management or Culinary Arts at our campus in Nairobi and their final bachelor year at BHMS in Switzerland.
The BIHC curriculum maintains a strong emphasis on Swiss educational traditions of balancing theoretical and practical training and this has made BIHC graduates the preferred candidates in the job market because from the onset, they perform beyond their employers’ expectations, thus saving employers, the time and money that is usually spent to train new employees. Our campus is located within the Boma Hotels complex and with an increase in demand for quality education throughout Africa, we take pride in offering world-class training and student life in a 5-star hotel environment
|JOB SUMMARY:Managing all food and beverage operations within budget and to the highest standards as well as delivering an excellent guest experience. He/She will also be responsible for Leading F&B team by developing, training and appraising them. |
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:Manage inventory, order food and beverages equipment and supplies within budgeted guidelines to the highest standards.Contribute to the development, planning & implementation of high quality curriculum.Lead F&B team, provide coaching, training and appraising talented personnelPreserve excellent levels of internal and external customer serviceIdentify customers’ needs and respond proactively to all of their concernsEstablish targets, KPI’s, schedules, policies and proceduresProvide a two way communication and nurture an ownership environment with emphasis in motivation and teamworkInspect F & B supplies, equipment and work areasEnsure students comply with health, food safety standards and regulationsInvestigate and resolve complaints regarding food quality and serviceSchedule student hours and assign dutiesEstablish standards for students performance and customer serviceCo-coordinate activities of the service studentsLiaise with kitchen, in compiling menu for students training and restaurant food service areas and student diningMonitor F & B orders and any needed work with the Chefs to remedy any delays in service.Any other duties as may be assigned by management
Key Skills and Competence:Outstanding F & B techniques and interpersonal relationship skillsCapacity to work under extreme pressureAbility to train students in executing different service styles and techniques at the training restaurant.Excellent leadership and management skillsAbility to delegate tasks appropriately
Education and experience:University Degree in Hotel Management, Events or equivalentProven experience as F & B Service managerA deep understanding of, commitment to and involvement in hospitality IndustryProven Experience in a 4/5 Star Hotel is necessaryMust be computer literate
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should apply strictly through https://www.redcross.or.ke/Careers so as to reach us not later than Friday 22nd January 2021.
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview