Workplace of the Future
Post Covid 19 Are You Ready?
Free Live Workshop Register here
Regional M&E Officer Job, Latest Vacancies,
Regional M&E Officer (2 posts – Nairobi & Eldoret)
Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya – Full Time
|Position Title:||Regional M&E Officers (Two Positions)|
|Reporting to:||Technically to M&E Manager and Programmatically to Regional Programs Coordinator|
|Job Location:||Nairobi & Eldoret|
The role is responsible for providing technical monitoring and evaluation support to Sub Recipient (SR) staff and overseeing all M&E plans for the assigned region. These responsibilities include coordinating and supervising MEAL resources and processes, ensuring implementation of monitoring and evaluation tools, analyzing and ensuring quality reporting, monitoring of outcomes and continuous performance improvement by undertaking and implementing all MEAL related activities as appropriate. The Regional MEAL Officer is expected to conduct regular field visit and supervise the program implementation and data quality assurance plan. The MEAL Officer will also lead learning and reflection activities to improve program quality, monitor results and impact, share lessons learned, best practices and ensure that accountability and other cross-cutting issues are adequately incorporated into project and MEAL activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with MEAL team or MEAL focal points of partner organizations to develop capacity of regional staff and SRs on the program M&E framework, data management, and data analysis and results‐oriented programming, M&E methods and principles and reporting systems.
- Promote learning through documentation of lessons learned and developing approaches for analysis and utilization of data for decision-making among SRs.
- Ensure quality of program implementation, monitoring and data reported by field offices and SRs through capacity building, supportive supervision, routine checking and regular validation of data.
- Undertake regular monitoring and technical support visits to projects to assess progress against approved plans, provide feedbacks and recommendations for timely improvement.
- Ensure utilization of appropriate reporting templates that facilitate the acquisition and aggregation of data.
- Assist in designing and regularly updates program MEAL guidelines and tools and ensures that project staff have access and utilization of project tools.
- Monitoring partners to ensure that implementation of activities is being done in accordance with signed agreements and timelines.
- Oversee the implementation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and guidelines for data management and data quality assurance in line with national and international policies.
- Data reporting and analysis to compile monthly, quarterly and annual data reports and develop ad-hoc reports project highlighting project/program outputs, case studies, stories highlighting areas for project improvement.
- Ensure timely reporting to stakeholders including to donors, local government units, partners, community beneficiaries, among others.
- Manage project evaluation and learning i.e. surveys, baselines, evaluations, joint projects monitoring and reviews / lessons learning workshops/events.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters.
(NOTE: Would you like to know the BIGGEST CV mistake you can make? Find out plus the Top 8 Ways To Make Your CV Stand Out.)
- University degree, preferably in statistics, information management, public health or related fields.
- Demonstrated competence in undertaking a Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning related role in a humanitarian context.
- Over 3 years’ practical work experience from at least one of the following areas: Capacity building, Accountability and Complaints handling; and Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting for HIV programs.
Skills and experience
- Demonstrated strong data management, information management and database management skills and ability to compile strategic and donor reports.
- Strong knowledge and proven experience on developing M&E plan, databases, logical and conceptual frameworks for HIV interventions.
- Computer proficiency in Ms office i.e. Ms word, Ms access, spreadsheet and graphics presentations.
- Ability to maintain high standards of personal integrity; establishing productive relationships; treating individuals with fairness and respect.
- Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should apply strictly through https://www.redcross.or.ke/Careers so as to reach us not later than 23rd October 2020;
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview