Workplace of the Future
Post Covid 19 Are You Ready?
Free Live Workshop Register here
Position: Communications and Marketing Manager
Practical Action has an exciting opportunity for Communications and Marketing Manager in the East Africa Office. The Communications and Marketing Manager has overall responsibility of shaping Practical Action’s regional communication strategy and marketing approach with the private sector in the region. The Communications and Marketing Manager will take lead in designing and delivering innovative communications and marketing strategies that inspire public and private support, influence policy decisions and achieve Practical Action’s strategic ambitions.
The function will also be responsible for maintaining a positive public image of Practical Action and be responsible for rolling out Practical Action’s recently refreshed brand and new visual identity. The post holder will also be expected to build a team of sector experts to champion Practical Action’s strategic partnerships with corporates and opportunities with the growing private sector in Kenya and the region. She/he is also responsible for and managing the regional office’s media-related activities and ensuring that Practical Action in Africa and globally is able to exploit the opportunities presented by Nairobi’s position as a regional media hub.
This position reports to the Head of Business Development, Marketing and Communications and the Marketing / Corporate Engagement Officer, Digital Media Officer and Communications Assistant report to the Communications and Marketing Manager.
(NOTE:Are you feeling stuck in your career? Get FREE career and professional consultation, coaching and mentoring.Join us for the FREE Professional Development Training.We have limited space. Book your spot here.)
The Communications and Marketing Manager is responsible for:
- Leading Practical Action’s ‘out-of-the-box’ communications and marketing strategies, processes, products and tools, used to advance the organization’s strategic ambitions, vision and impact through its work.
- Leading the exploration of new in-country corporate fundraising markets, digital and social media engagement based on market research and new trends in the sector
- Leading development of internal and external communication protocols aligned to PA brand. Ensuring the smooth day-to-day running of field operations and ensuring that program plans are clearly prioritized and communicated across the organization.
- Leading the development and nurturing of strategic relationships with the private sector and corporates to advance Practical Action’s change ambitions, contributing to Practical Action’s work externally.
- Leading Practical Action’s advocacy and knowledge generation and management strategies and initiatives to leverage maximum impact in line with our global change ambitions and cross cutting themes of gender inequality and climate change.
- Continuously working to enhance Practical Action’s brand guidelines, its utility within a national context and with partners.
- Using Nairobi’s strategically important location as a regional media hub to generate relationships with key print, broadcast and digital journalists and generate positive coverage of Practical Action’s work across Africa in line with context specific engagement plans.
An experienced professional, you will have extensive experience and knowledge in ingenious marketing strategies. You will have at least five years working experience in communications and documentation and experience directly working in or with the private sector and on corporate partnerships.
In return, you will get an opportunity to work for an organisation that is making a positive difference to the lives of people worldwide, a friendly and supportive culture, working with values driven and highly engaged colleagues – these are just some of the reasons we think Practical Action is a great place to work. In addition, we offer the following benefits:
- Work week of 35 hours
- The opportunity to work remotely
- 25 days annual leave, in addition to public holidays.
- A pension scheme that new employees join immediately on employment – employer contributes 12.5% of gross salary. Employee contribution is voluntary
- Life assurance (5x annual salary).
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application letter and CV to email@example.com with subject line “Communications and Marketing Manager” so as to reach Practical Action on or before Monday 28th October 2019.
(NOTE: Would you like to know the BIGGEST CV mistake you can make? Find out plus the Top 8 Ways To Make Your CV Stand Out.)
We treat all applications for employment on their merits and do not take into consideration any factors that are not relevant to the job such as disability, race, age, religion, gender, gender reassignment or sexual orientation.
Practical Action are committed to safeguarding and protecting children and vulnerable adults and as such candidates will be subject to pre-employment checks.
The successful applicant must have the pre-existing right to both live and work in Kenya.