Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree
Working with NGOs, the UN & International Organisation
Find details here
Latest Jobs opportunities,
Position: Senior Informal Settlements Upgrading Expert, (Home Based with travel to Guyana), Consultancy,
The consultancy will be home based with travel to Guyana when needed. Any official mission travel expenses will be paid for directly by UN-Habitat. The consultant will be contracted by UNHabitat and jointly supervised with CH&PA. S/he will be working closely with local consultants and staff of CHPA to undertake following specific tasks, which are to:
- Take leading role in designing and facilitating GISUSP, Terms of Reference of which will be separately discussed and agreed.
- Undertake desk review of existing data, literature review, rapid policy and legislations review in support of and consultation with CHPA, and development partners in Guyana,
- Supervise design and collection of data, design of participatory process for the development of GSISU,
- Facilitate consultative workshops to engage the stakeholder’s participation and support the coordination of the process,
- Contribute and design consultative workshops to discuss relevant key issues, identify priorities,
- Contribute in the communication and advocacy strategy development to promote and ensure strong buy-ins from the stakeholders,
- Undertake drafting and fine tuning of GSISUP based on guidance from UN-Habitat and CHPA,
- Develop a short concept note for a national programme based on draft GISUSP
- Support in engagement of development partners, local and national key stakeholders to contribute in the development process of the GSISUP.
- Provide any other inputs when requested.
(NOTE:Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2021 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID.Get the details click here)
- Professionalism: Knowledge and understanding of theories, concepts and approaches relevant to sector, functional area or other specialized fields. Ability to identify issues, analyze and participate in the resolution of issues or problems. Ability to conduct data collection using various methods. Conceptual analytical and evaluative skills to conduct independent research and analysis, including familiarity with and experience in the use of various research sources, including electronic sources on the internet, intranet and other databases. Ability to apply judgment in the context of assignments given, plan own work and manage conflicting priorities. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
- Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- Planning &Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
Education Master’s Degree in Urban Development and Planning or related fields or advanced degree in related field. Relevant experience in lieu of an advanced degree is acceptable. Professional Experience The expert should have minimum of ten years experience in the following areas:
- A combination of research and practical experience related to issues of informal settlements upgrading including policy development, land tenure, service and infrastructure development, affordable housing development, and community development and strategic planning is required.
- Experience with UN-Habitat’s principles, particularly on the participatory informal settlements upgrading and experience in Guyana or Caribbean region is required,
- Programme development and design, research skills to analyze data and information critically and identify and document key issues related to the informal settlements upgrading is a must.
- Background on urban planning and participatory urban development is an asset.
- Ability to prioritize activities and assignments Language English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this consultancy, fluency in oral and written English is required. Although not a requirement, proficiency of another UN language is an advantage.
Remuneration The consultancy will be 40 days over a period of 6 months from the day of the contract starts with key milestones provided in the calendar of activities and be based on a lump sum as per outputs Other All applicants should register in UN Inspira roster.
Applications should include:
(IMPORTANT:Earn 200K working in NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, International Development Community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID.Get the details click here)
Cover memo (maximum 1 page)
P11, indicating the following information: 1.
- Educational Background (incl. dates)
- Professional Experience (assignments, tasks, achievements, duration by years/ months)
- Other Experience and Expertise (e.g. Internships/ voluntary work, etc.)
- Expertise and preferences regarding location of potential assignments All applications should be submitted to:
Helen.Musoke@un.org Deadline for applications: 10 April 2020 UN-HABITAT does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. If you have any questions concerning persons or companies claiming to be recruiting on behalf of these offices and requesting the payment of a fee, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview