Work with NGOs Starting Salary- Ksh 200k
Position: Quantity Surveyor
Reporting to Head of Support Services, the successful candidate will be responsible for estimating Project costs and advise on Projects design and implementation at best cost and required standards for the Hospital to get value for funds spent in the Projects.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate at the Project initiation stage and advise on cost estimates for the proposals presented.
- Working with the user division and other stake holders in developing the business case for the approval of the project.
- Participate during the presentation of Project brief to the Architect on the Project specification and timelines.
- Review the draft designs and drawing from the Architect and give cost estimates.
- Give cost estimates for the detailed final drawings and designs, including mechanical, electrical, and structural from the Architect.
- Participate in tender evaluation before contract award.
- Participate in site handover to the contractors.
- Participate in the daily, weekly and Monthly Projects progress meetings and advise on areas at risk.
- Monitor the Project as it progresses and advise the Head Support Services on adherence to quantities and quality of materials and any cost changes anticipated.
- Assess completed work and prepare a report including costing to ensure the Hospital does not over pay against a certificate. This report will be timeously issued to the Project Manager and the Head of Support Services.
- Participate in negotiations between the Hospital and the Architect on any arising cost disputes.
- Participate in the handover of the Project from Architect to the Hospital upon completion.
- Carry out any other duty as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in quantity surveying or equivalent from a recognized University.
- Proven Experience in engineering projects of at least 10 years in projects of value above Ksh.100M.
- In-depth understanding of construction, materials, pricing, and industry standards and practices.
- Experienced at compiling and following strict budgets; strong estimating and financial analysis skills.
- Computer knowledge in Microsoft programs.
- Highly skilled person with an eye for details and quality
- Forward planning capability
(NOTE:Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2019 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID.Get the details here)
Creativity, quality focus, planning, people management, result oriented, commercial / business skills, partnering, communication.
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application quoting the reference, testimonials and full contact details of 3 referees to: To be email to email@example.com received not later than 26th October 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.