Get a job with NGOs, the UN & International Organisations
Earn a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree
Find details here
Managerial Jobs, Career Opportunities,
Community Engagement Manager
We are looking for a full time “Community Engagement Manager” who will develop, implement and facilitate CIVIC Community Based Protection (CBP) strategy and engagement, which range from capacity building for civilians in conflict affected communities, and creation of platforms for dialogues between Security forces and community. Reporting to the Regional Director, East Africa, you will work closely with the wider CIVIC Team, Military Advisors and particularly with communities.
(NOTE: Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2021 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID. Get the details click here)
The core purpose of your role is to:
• develop relevant strategies and plans; build, train and manage the CIVIC’s CBP team,
• support community resilience and participation in self-protection activities,
• advocate and create behavioral change interventions,
• coordinate and facilitate campaign meetings and events,
• strengthen relationships between affected communities, security forces, national representatives and people-based organizations,
• provide support to conflict affected communities through Community Based Protection.
• Recruiting, training, and supporting community members and key stakeholders to engage with relevant actors to advocate for protection needs,
• Supporting people with live experience to share their stories and expertise.
• Coordinating and facilitating self-protection meetings and events.
• Strengthening relationships between government forces, community militia and civilians.
• Supporting CIVIC to develop processes for proactively engaging with representatives of relevant security agencies and organizations.
• Strategize and implement programming ways to reflect the different protection needs of women, men, boys, girls, including those with disabilities to increase their voice and influence around protection issues of conflict affected communities.
• In close coordination with the team, support civilians’ effort to develop self-protection strategies.
• Support the Regional Operations Manager in expenditure tracking.
• Spearhead narrative report writing and other monthly and quarterly reports as needed.
Educational qualification & experience requirements:
• Relevant work Experience: minimum 7 years
• Relevant university degree required; Master or higher preferred and an advantage.
• Commitment to CIVIC’s mission, values and approach.
• A strong commitment to reducing civilians harm and inequality in conflict affected communities.
• Demonstrated experience mobilizing and organizing communities to effect change (ideally in a social, environmental, or political campaign), using a variety of techniques and technologies, including both online and face to face meetings.
• Proven experience mobilizing communities to meet strategic goals and a strong understanding of strategic advocacy and campaigning.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, experience working with and writing for digital platforms, and facilitating online meetings with a diverse range of stakeholders.
• Strong computer and digital skills; success using social media engagement strategies and digital campaigning.
• Experience in capacity building, training and coordinating.
• Commitment to team working and understanding of how to contribute to team success.
• Ability to operate within a predominantly administratively self-servicing environment.
• Lived experience of general protection and conflict management will be highly regarded.
• Experience working with an INGO is an added advantage.
The candidate must be a Kenyan national, or have a right to live and work in Kenya.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with the position.
• Fluency in oral and written English and Swahili is required.
Key working relationships:
• Internal-All staff (Program & Operation staff)
• External -Donors & Vendors
“CIVIC is an equal –opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, etc.
Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply”.