Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Management jobs, Business Development jobs,
Executive Director and Regional Director Africa
Organization Center for Public Health and Development (CPHD) is a Nairobi based non-profit organization working to improve health systems through training and other innovations in the East and Southern Africa region. CPHD combines local capacity with global knowledge to empower public and private health sector workers to improve access to better quality health services for the people they serve. Today, CPHD is leading a number of innovative projects in the region that seek to fast-track attainment of the Sustainable Development Goals to ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages. CPHD has successfully incubated two social enterprises – HEWA TELE – a medical Oxygen production and distribution company and Mediquip Global – a biomedical equipment maintenance company. Position Objective The Executive Director is the management leader of CPHD. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing administration, programs and strategy of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, Government and policy engagement and partner outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
The Executive Director is the management leader of CPHD. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing administration, programs and strategy of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, Government and policy engagement and partner outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
(NOTE:2023 UN Jobs - Ongoing Recruitment. Get More Details Here.)
Board Governance: Is secretary to the Board and works with board to fulfill the organizational vision and mission.
• Responsible for leading CPHD in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
• Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions. Financial Performance and Viability: Responsible for organizational growth. Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
• Responsible for fundraising and developing other revenues necessary to support CPHD’s mission.
• Maintain relationship with all the donors – providing them with regular updates on CPHD’s activities and progress
• Responsible for the fiscal integrity of CPHD’s, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and quarterly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
• Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
• Ensure strong grant financial management and robust internal controls are in place and that teams adheres to local statutory obligations, CPHD minimum standards and international development donor requirements.
Meet governance requirements for both CPHD and Medequip Global.
• Represent CPHD to the board while ensuring high quality and high-level strategic board meetings. Strategy & Business Development: Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning, and strategic partnerships.
• Build and maintain strong partnerships with government, health professionals, businesses, peer agencies and the community
Foster relationships with traditional and non-traditional donor representatives to ensure a health funding pipeline
•Develop new business opportunities through research and existing commercial opportunities
• Oversee MediQuip Global Limited and Simulation Training Centre (Commercial opportunities) and ensure surplus income for sustainability despite grants income.
• Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that CPHD can successfully fulfill its Mission into the future.
• Responsible for the enhancement of CPHD’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations. Operations: Optimally manages organizations resources to ensure high quality delivery of programs
• Oversees the human resources function; procurement and day to day administration in the organization
• Guarantee high quality delivery of committed programs
• Ensure regular reporting on all activities including board papers, quarterly and annual reports and newsletters Specific Job Responsibilities
• Lead in fundraising and the development and realization of other revenue streams for CPHD and its subsidiaries. Oversee marketing and other communications efforts.
• Report to and work closely with the Executive Chairman and Board of Directors and to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the organization.
• Supervise, collaborate with organization’s staff.
• Define and promote CPHD’s organizational culture around innovation, ethics, and stewardship.
• Strategic planning and implementation.
• Planning and operation of annual budget.
• Serve as CPHD’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media and the general public.
• Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance CPHD’s Mission.
• Oversee organization Board and committee meetings.
• Establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the nonprofit.
• Review and approve contracts for services.
• Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
• At least 10 years’ International experience in a senior management role in a non-profit organization in Health Sector . • Regional experience, especially in East Africa is an added advantage
• Transparent and high integrity leadership. Demonstrable track record in fundraising, capital placement, market growth and/or alternative organizational income generation experience
• Experience and skill in working with a Board of Directors.
• High level strategic thinking and planning.
• Ability to envision and convey the organization’s strategic future to the staff, board, and donors.
• Ability to effectively communicate the organization’s mission to donors, volunteers and the overall community.
• Solid organizational abilities, including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
• Strong financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting. • Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Strong public speaking ability.
• Strong work ethic with a high degree of energy.
• A bachelor’s degree in the health field plus a relevant master’s degree including MPH, MBA or MPA
Fluent written and spoken English.
• Ability to travel domestically in Kenya and internationally up to 25%.
• Professional working knowledge of MS Office suite.
• Energy, drive and unwavering commitment for CPHD’s mission, and the ability to inspire others
• Inspires individuals and teams through situational leadership providing clear direction
• Motivates and develops the skills of the team members
• Works as part of a team, providing support and flexibility to colleagues, demonstrating fairness, understanding and respect for all people and establishing an acceptable institutional culture
• Focuses on results, ensuring long term sustainability and increased impact
• Takes accountability for the decisions made and the behaviors demonstrated
How to apply
To apply for this position, please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com by October 30, 2021.