Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Procurement Jobs, USAID Funded Jobs, Public Sector Openings,
Decentralized Procurement Specialist
- Provide support to DCP teams as they perform their day-to-day work with a focus on the ARTMIS modules, in line with the procedures.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for ARTMIS – the end-to-end procurement system that GHSC-PSM uses – particularly for processing ROs from inception to fully executed contracts.
- Ensure that all countries maximize the use of all ARTMIS functionalities, so as to minimize or eliminate any parallel paper-based systems.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for SharePoint, providing guidance for correctly tagging documents and monitoring adherence.
- Clearly communicate approved policies and procedures and assist in sharing guidance, developing and updating job aids, providing training and mentoring, and troubleshooting and resolving issues.
- Participate in relevant technical and management meetings (online, where possible) and disseminate relevant information to DCP teams.
- Monitor adherence to standard operating procedures and correct data entry for each country, define gaps and corrective and preventive actions with DCP Integrated Supply Chain Manager.
DCP regional procurement capability
- Manage procurements for countries assigned to the DCP regional procurement capability pilot, execute procurement from beginning to end in collaboration with recipient country.
- Receive ROs from clients, confirm product specifications, complete procurement requirements evaluation, manage and evaluate sourcing events (under long-term agreements and one-offs), obtain sign off from clients on finalized ROs, draft, review and execute subcontracts or POs for execution with vendors, monitor shipments to delivery, process vendor payment requests internally and ensure complete and timely filing.
(NOTE: Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2021 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID. Get the details click here)
- Support DCP Integrated Supply Chain Manager in evaluating, developing and implementing the DCP sourcing strategy.
- Assist with rolling out the sourcing strategy to the DCP countries, and guide countries during the RFx, evaluation, contracting and implementation phases.
- Identify and further develop opportunities for increased efficiency and effectiveness of the process and system.
- Resolve problems and respond immediately to urgent requests, developing solutions that meet the client’s needs.
- Maintain relationships with internal units, including the Management Information System, Risk and Audit teams.
- Participate in internal and external meetings as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of procurement experience on USAID-funded projects, preferably in the medical or clinical laboratory technology fields or a Master’s degree and 3 years of relevant procurement experience, preferably on USAID-funded projects.
- CIPS, CPSM, or other relevant procurement certification preferred.
- Solid understanding of USAID and other Federal Acquisition Rules.
- Strong experience executing and managing the end-to-end procurement lifecycle.
- Technical product knowledge in HIV/AIDS or lab technology.
- Experience working with global partners and countries in assessing and designing improvements to processes and procedures.
- Experience remotely managing field-based teams preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing in English, and lead presentations, trainings, and effective meetings.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated integrity, independent thinking, judgment, and respect for others.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Foreign language fluency (French) desired.
- Ability to travel and work within Africa for one to two weeks, potentially several times per year.
Utility Strengthening Experts
The overall objectives of the activity are to:
- End energy poverty by increasing access to affordable, reliable energy which can support increased economic activity and improved living standards.
- Increase the supply of electricity in East and Central African countries through clean energy solutions.
- Remove constraints to investment in East and Central African energy sectors and to increase innovation.
Specifically, Chemonics seeks expressions of interest from individuals with experience in one or more of the following areas:
- On-grid business models.
- Electrical grid engineering and system design.
- Local utilities and IPPs.
- Utility reform and modernization.
- Policy and enabling environment development for on-grid development
Utility Strengthening Experts will maintain relationships and regular communications with local utilities across project target countries to increase new grid connections and enhance energy access to households. They will advise project leadership on the needs and regulatory environments of the project’s target countries. The Experts will also identify loss-reducing strategies across local utilities.
- Establish and maintain relationships with local utilities across East and Central Africa
- Ensure compliance with local regulations regarding infrastructure development projects
- Support engineering and design of on-grid systems to maximize energy efficiency and distribution
- Provide regular reports to client and project leadership on utility relationships
- Obtain buy-in from local utilities and IPPs to enhance access to energy across East and Central Africa
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge utilities, IPPs, and public sector stakeholders across East and Central Africa in the energy industry
- Minimum five years’ experience implementing energy programs. Sub-Saharan Africa work experience is preferred
- Excellent analytical abilities, written and oral communications skills
- Fluency in English or local languages required depending on work location
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Demonstrated ability to promptly address ad hoc requests