Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Business Administration jobs, Finance jobs, Accounting jobs,
Chief of Unit, Finance, P4
- Manages a complete financial operation, encompassing a wide variety of trust funds and grant funding, with a large volume of grants in, grants out, implementing partners, and inter-office transactions, and extensive dispersed activities.
- Discharges Approving Officer functions in accordance with the Financial Rules and Regulations of the UN, approve/confirm that proposed grants and funding agreements, obligations, expenditure for services, partnerships, facilities, supplies and equipment expenses, as well as those pertaining to personnel, are in accordance with the Financial Rules and Regulations, relevant appropriations, staffing tables and corresponding approved allotments.
- Ensures consistent application and observance of the UN Financial Regulation and Rules and International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS)
- Analyzes accounts and general ledgers and ensures quality assurance and reliability of GL account balances and resolutions of pending issues
- reviews/prepares regular financial reports for management decision making and control activities.
- Proposes/implements solutions with respect to problem transactions and irregularities.
- Ensures that accurate and complete accounting, reporting and internal control systems are functioning and that all relevant records are maintained.
- Acts as UNON Accounts Section focal point and responds to internal/external audit observations and liaises with clients and other relevant entities on audit issues.
- Provides substantive support to the development and implementation of new accounting systems. Takes initiative to improve accounting processes and approaches.
- Provides data for the preparation of year-end audited financial statements of UNON clients and performance reports.
- Guides, trains and supervises general service and professional staff in the function.
- Leads team members efforts to collect and analyze data and provides insight to identify trends or patterns for data-driven planning, decision-making, presentation and reporting. Ensures that everyone can discover, access, integrate and share the data they need.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- PROFESSIONALISM: Knowledge in financial and management accounting principles and practices. Extensive experience in financial reporting and preparation of IPSAS compliant financial statements and knowledge of grants management and implementing partners/end beneficiaries accounting and reporting requirements. The ability to analyze and interpret data in support of decision-making and convey resulting information to management. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work.
- CLIENT ORIENTATION: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors on-going developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
- PLANNING & ORGANIZING: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies. Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required. Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work. Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning. Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary. Uses time efficiently.
- MANAGING PERFORMANCE: Delegates the appropriate responsibility, and decision- making authority; Makes sure that roles, responsibilities and reporting lines are clear to each staff member; Accurately judges the amount of time and resources needed to accomplish a task and matches task to skills; Monitors progress against milestones and deadlines; Regularly discusses performance and provides feedback and coaching to staff; Encourages risk-taking and supports creativity and initiative; Actively supports the development and career aspirations of staff; Appraises performance fairly.
(NOTE: Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree or Masters working with NGOs and the UN. Get More Details Here.)
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in business administration, finance, accounting or related field is required. A first-level university degree in combination with two (2) additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Successful completion of both degree and non-degree programs in data analytics, business analytics or data science programs is desirable.
Job – Specific Qualification
- Certification as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Accountant (CA) or equivalent is required.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of experience of progressively responsible experience in finance, budget or related area is required.
- Working experience in a supervisor capacity with proof of performance management is required.
- Experience with complex accounting reconciliation is required.
- Experience in working with the United Nations or another large international organization is required.
- Experience in administration of financial regulations and rules is required.
- Working experience with International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) and trust fund accounting is required.
- Working experience with an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and finance system such as Oracle or SAP is desirable.
- Two (2) years or more of experience in data analytics or related area is desirable