Work with NGOs Starting Salary- Ksh 200k
The Christian Health Association of Kenya (CHAK) through its CDC funded CHAP Uzima Project is supporting the implementation of TB/HIV prevention, care and treatment interventions in 79 Faith-based and affiliated health facilities and 4 OVC Local Implementing Partners (LIPs) distributed in 19 counties in the Central, Eastern, Coast, Nairobi and Southern Rift Valley regions of Kenya.
CHAP Uzima is a five and a half years project (1st April 2017 to 29th September 2022) and is seeking to recruit the following positions to be based at the Embu Regional Office to serve the central and upper eastern regions:
Clinical Officer – 1 Position
Job Purpose: Ensure provision of high-quality HIV/AIDS services in supported facilities in Upper eastern and central regions of Kenya in accordance with MOH National Guidelines. This position is based in the project’s Embu office supporting health facilities in Nyeri, Kirinyaga, Tharaka Nithi, Meru and Embu counties. It reports to the Regional Medical Officer.
- Provide day-to-day technical support and mentorship of HIV program in supported facilities as per national guidelines.
- Oversee follow-up & care of PMTCT clients, HIV exposed infants, HIV infected children, adolescents and adults in project supported facilities.
- Prepare Work plans, programmatic reports, technical papers and manuscripts.
- Support Site Improvement and Monitoring Systems at facility level through onsite mentorship.
- Establish and strengthen quality improvement structures at the facility and regional level.
- Utilize data to inform quality of care and performance in supported facilities and provide requisite mentorship on use of data to improve patient management.
- Plan and provide technical assistance during joint supervision of HIV care and treatment with county and sub-county health management teams.
- Provide training to health care workers using the national curriculum and training manuals.
- Strengthen referrals and linkages between PMTCT and CCC.
- Participate in County HIV and PMTCT technical working groups.
- Implement required Monitoring and Evaluation activities for the program.
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
Qualification and Requirements
- Registered Clinical Officer with current license from the Kenya Clinical Officers Council
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in HIV care and treatment
- Willing to be based in Embu with extensive travel within Upper Eastern
- Good knowledge on Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Team player with great inter-personal skills
HIV Testing Services (HTS) & Treatment Adherence Support (TAS) Officer- 1 Position
Job Purpose: HTS/TAS officer will advance treatment adherence and HIV testing services in clinics and communities within the upper Eastern region. The HTS/TAS officer will be based in the project’s Embu office supporting health facilities in Nyeri, Embu, Meru, Kirinyaga and Tharaka Nithi counties. It reports to the Regional Medical officer.
- Provide training, mentorship and supervision to health facilities treatment adherence support teams and HTS counselors on, HIV testing, retention and treatment adherence strategies both in clinic and targeted home-based activities.
- Provide guidance to health facility HTS counsellors on index testing and targeted HIV testing to improve on positivity yield.
- Assist health facilities to develop and implement strategiesfor HIV testing and Linkage, HIV treatment support, including community awareness and mobilization, stigma reduction, home-based care, support groups and index client testing.
- Co-ordinate and supervise the health facility treatment and adherence support and PITC teams on adherence monitoring and HIV testing activities at the clinic and at household levels, with appropriate feedback and documentation done in registers and client’s files.
- Assist with implementation of successful differentiated care models.
- Assist in training health workers supporting treatment adherence and HIV testing, including developing and implementing curriculum, and serve as a trainer-of-trainers.
- Assist Identify and train PLHIV as Peer Educators
- Coordinate and supervise implementation of continuous quality improvement activities within the treatment adherence support team and HIV testing services.
- Coordinate client education sessions including treatment preparation sessions, treatment preparation for second line regimen switch and other ongoing counseling sessions within the facility.
- Formulates key client adherence and HIV testing messages.
- Help prepare TAS and HTS reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing results and trends.
- Submit timely reports of activities to the Technical Assistance (TA) team leader
- Improve and ensure quality outcomes by studying, evaluating, and re-designing treatment support procedures and patient progress; recommend changes and develop innovations in clients’ follow-up in consultation with the CHAP Uzima TA team.
- Other assigned duties as needed
Qualification and Requirements
- A degree in nursing, social sciences, public health or equivalent.
- Extensive knowledge and at least 2 years’ experience in HIV care and treatment support and HIV testing services.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Supervisory experience in healthcare settings
- Willing to be based in Embu and to travel at least 50% of the time
- Ability to work effectively with faith-based partner facilities (work experience in faith-based facilities will be an added advantage)
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili
(NOTE:Are you feeling stuck in your career? Get FREE career and professional consultation, coaching and mentoring.Join us for the FREE Professional Development Training.We have limited space. Book your spot here.)
Application with CVs and atleast 2 references should be submitted by mail or email to the following contact;
The General Secretary
Christian Health Association of Kenya (CHAK)
P.O Box 30690, 00100, Nairobi
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Only the shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview and will be required to bring with them their original copies of National ID, academic certificates, professional registration license / certificate and other relevant documents.
The closing date for receiving all applications is 22nd March 2019