Win 100% Scholarship Get UN and NGO Jobs
5 lucky winners. Join NOW for Free
Find details here
Internship jobs, Financial jobs, Managerial jobs, Banking jobs, Citi jobs,
Managing Director – Head Of Corporate Bank, SSA
The Corporate Bank which functions across SSA, is the relationship management team for the parented top tier SSA corporate clients in various sectors including metals and mining, telecoms and media, retailers, general industrials, financial institutions and non-bank financial institutions, and Government and public sector.
(NOTE: Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2021 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID. Get the details click here)
- The Head of Corporate Banking for SSA is the “face” of Citi’s Corporate Bank in the region; as such the individual is the senior Corporate Banking client representative for the region.
- The role combines the complex challenges of balancing growth of the franchise and governance; requiring dynamic leadership and focused execution.
- The Head of Corporate Banking for SSA is responsible for developing and monitoring a client driven franchise growth plan which is delivered through strong people and franchise management across the SSA region.
- Driving the execution of the pivotal Corporate Bank One-ICG Coverage Banker strategy is critical to aligning success with all our ICG partners.
- The Corporate Bank Head must drive a healthy balance between near-term and long-term priorities allowing the franchise to prosper from market driven opportunities as well as positioning Citi over the long run to best serve our evolving client needs.
- Escalation of many issues lands on the Corporate Banking Head’s desk – the individual must leverage past experience to quickly process situations and recommend thoughtful and fair actions always applying Citi’s key principles.
- Sets high standards and achieves performance objectives by creating a clear path toward ethical and sustainable results
- Translates Citi’s strategy into an effective and efficient Corporate Bank business plan while proactively overcoming obstacles
- Pursues results through joint accountability and a strong working partnership with all ICG key stakeholders, including full deployment of the ICG Coverage Banker project
- Creates accountability within the Corporate Bank by setting measurable business and cultural goals for the region
- Demonstrates personal leadership in the origination and execution of structuring and financing of transactions
- Performs regular reviews of the Corporate Bank strategies and key initiatives to ensure they are in line with industry trends and Citi’s strategic focus and goals
- Drives the team to meet revenue and other financial goals by ensuring the Corporate Bank actively cross sells all products across the full ICG platform, while adhering to Citi’s key principles
- Partners with key stakeholders including Risk and GCM to allocate capital prudently and appropriately to generate best possible returns while ensuring disciplined adherence to all Citi risk policies
- Drives a suitable balance between internal management and external client time, both personally and for the Corporate Bank as a whole
Lives our values:
- Ensures systemically responsible outcomes while driving performance and balancing short and long term risks
- Creates and communicates a clear vision for how the Corporate Bank can provide future value in the marketplace
- Leads by example: willing to make difficult choices in support of Citi and our stakeholders, within high standards of ethics
- Works closely with all partners to ensure the Corporate Bank fulfills its reaffirmed role of being at the center of the CIB’s relationship management strategy by driving client planning, product agnostic cross sell, client access, and effective capital allocation within the ICG Coverage Banker proposition
- Is accountable for the regional budget, risk management, and credit allocation in partnership with GCM and Risk
- Ensures that client relationships and proposed client solutions meet or exceed internal risk and return standards, including stringent ethical standards, and anticipated future changes in the marketplace
- Proactively and robustly addresses issues as they arise
- Champions a culture of high standards, pushes for progress, embraces change and challenges the status quo in support of Citi’s vision and global strategy
- Communicates a vision for the Corporate Bank that is forward looking and responsive to changes in the environment
- Inspires enthusiasm and mobilizes resources for productive and innovative change within a cost constrained environment
- Exhibits confidence and agility in challenging times
- Sets a positive tone when implementing Citi-wide change initiatives
- Ensures that the CB delivers holistic client relationship management that exceeds client expectations
- Communicates a vision that is forward looking and responsive to changes in the environment
Develops our people:
- Builds talent and teams for Citi by creating a culture of meritocracy and transparency, and celebrating excellence, initiative and courage
- Creates an environment where people hold themselves to the highest ethical standards
- Models personal growth and consistently provides coaching and feedback in support of ongoing development and retention
- Attracts great talent, builds a diverse talent pipeline, and recognizes, rewards, promotes based on performance in partnership with CIB Leadership and HR, efficiently manages the SSA Corporate Banking team by building a strong and deep banker team and a robust and diverse talent pipeline in view of the skills and competencies required to excel as an ICG Coverage Banker
- Ensures all leadership roles have succession plans which are reviewed at least annually and include a focus on developing a pipeline of regional talent
- Regularly benchmarks Citi’s talent within the market
Drives Value for clients:
- Enables economic value and positive social impact for clients, companies, governments, and communities
- Puts clients first by anticipating, understanding, and exceeding their expectations and needs
- Acts as a trusted partner to clients by delivering superior advice, products and services
- Brings the best of Citi and knowledge of global issues and market trends to create value and good will with clients
- Drives innovation, competitive differentiation and speed to market
- Responsible as the Senior Corporate Banking representative for key SSA clients
- Understand regional and emerging market trends to identify growth opportunities and anticipate challenges
- Establish senior level relationship with Regulators, other Financial Institutions, and other stakeholders
- Extensive Post graduate banking experience.
- In-depth understanding of compliance issues, global and local regulatory requirements.
- Experience in working with and within a matrix organization and cross-functional teams.
- In-depth understanding of banking products – loans / debts (short and long-term), cash management, trade products and finance, FX, interest rate hedging, liquidity management; corporate & structured finance; DCM; derivatives products;
- Strong knowledge of investment banking offerings (advisory, equity).
- In-depth industry knowledge.
- Proven existing customer relationships.
- Proven track record of senior relationships
- Demonstrates ability to draw consensus quickly and act decisively within a challenging, cost constrained environment which require strong change management skills
- Strong leadership, relationship building, and people management
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of managing large, diverse teams
- Proven execution skills in prior assignments
- Strong risk, control, and capital management skills (strong preference for SCO Level)
- Understands ICG products and possesses a deep knowledge of the Citi network
- Ability to manage and work across a diverse and multi-country matrix structure
- Ability to effectively represent Citi to outside constituents including regulatory agencies
- Proven ability to leverage the Citi global network & handle complex, challenging environment.
- Proven ability to originate and close complex deals/ solutions.
- Proven ability to act as a financial advisor.
- Ability to coordinate and manage customer credit & marketing activity in a number of different countries.
- Ability to manage risk in portfolio.
- Driven and results oriented
- Sound Business judgment
- Integrity, Respect and Balance
- Tolerance for risk
- High tolerance for ambiguity
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to take the initiative, self- starter
- Ability to handle conflict effectively
- Team Player
- Accountability & Ownership
- Respect for Compliance & Control
- Work as a Partner
- Tertiary education – Post Graduate.
2022 Kenya Banking & O&T Internship, SSA
You’re the brains behind our work.
- You’re ready to bring your knowledge from the classroom to the boardroom and Citi wants to help you get there. Whether it’s honing your skills or building your network, we know that success can’t come without growth.
- Our Internship in June/July is aimed for undergraduate university students. Offering hands on or virtual experience (dependent on COVID regulations at the time). You will gain practical work experience in one of our key business areas and offers a real insight into what working at Citi is like.
Your time here will look something like this
- Hands on work experience as a member of a specific business unit within the bank
- Get a solid understanding of the broad range of financial services and products Citi provides
- Learn to build financial models and develop corporate finance solutions for our clients – we strive to create the best outcomes for our clients with financial ingenuity that leads to solutions that are simple, creative and responsible
- Conduct research and analyse industry trends to support our bespoke advice and superior value proposition
- Participate in client development where Citi aims to be the best banking partner for our clients by delivering differentiated client experiences and maintaining a reputation for excellence and integrity that spans everything we do
We provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed.
Whether you’ve got prior financial industry experience or not, this internship provides an opportunity to work for one of the world’s largest financial services organisations. If your internship is successful, you could be considered for one of Citi’s full-time graduate or analyst programmes. These uniquely designed full-time programmes place university graduates in specific functional teams within the bank.
Our full-time programmes start with extensive classroom training and also the opportunity to complete globally recognised qualifications. In addition, interns will gain visibility of the permanent positions available to graduates that we have within the bank, both locally in Kenya or at one of Citi’s international offices.
We want to hear from you if
- We look for highly motivated candidates with a strong work ethic, a positive and proactive mindset, and a firm desire to learn and succeed
- Be currently enrolled in a university with demonstrated exemplary academic performance or CGPA of 3.4/4 or Second Class Upper Division
- A keen interest in financial markets and current affairs is critical
- We value diverse thinking and encourage students from all degree disciplines to consider our opportunities.
- Studies in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Engineering and Information Technology subjects are beneficial but not essential
- A strong academic record at both Matric and university level is important
- Applicants to attached their CV, Cover Letter, Update Academic History and ID Copy
Who we think will be a great fit…
- Extensive work experience is not a requirement, but dedication to learning and a true passion for the business are vital.
We’ll be looking for the following:
- Desire to develop a deep understanding of the financial markets and banking industry
- Analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong communication, planning and organizational skills
- Knowledge of the global or domestic business landscape
- A strong desire to learn and success in team environments
- Commitment to personal growth and career development.