Get a job with the UN, NGOs & International Organisations
Good Salary and career progression
Find details here
Finance jobs, Economics jobs,Cash Management jobs, Client Service Officer jobs,Senior positions jobs,
East Africa Corporate Credit Underwriter (C14/C13 – SVP/VP))
Executes, aligned with global and regional strategies, all responsibilities regarding underwriting, including, but not limited to:
- Adoption of leading practices in credit analysis, underwriting, and monitoring, including the end-to-end underwriting process, from early origination discussions, to development of credit approval memos, and senior approval forums
- Ensure Credit Approval Memo (CAM) packages are complete and accurate
- Detailed reviews of financial data, projection modeling, stress testing, and other in-depth analysis performed by junior resources in IRAU (the ICG Risk Analysis Unit)
- Balance business opportunities within Citi’s Risk appetite framework
- Facilitate relationships with key clients in Banking and Risk and with key Regulators, Internal Audit, and control functions
- Support the ICM-UW leadership on strategic initiatives/projects
- Support Voice of the Employee initiatives
(NOTE: Win 100% Scholarship Get UN and NGO Jobs. 5 lucky winners. Join NOW for Free Get More Details Here.)
SPECIFIC RISK EXPERIENCE:
- Senior credit approval authority (or similar designation) covering large and complex underwritings, capital commitments, and derivatives with multi-industry experience
- Experience in and exposure to global credit risk management standards
- Ability to understand capital markets products and complex financing and product structures
- Ability to implement change and develop best practices throughout an organization.
- Ability to provide strategic insights and strong sensitivity to macro and regulatory issues, and impact of such issues on the various Risk families, including operational and franchise risks
- Able to discuss and address issues associated with the allocation of risk assets and risk capital in partnership with banking and product organizations
- Proven ability to effectively engage with regulators and internal control functions including Internal Audit and Fundamental Credit Risk as well as with external audit
CLIENT RELATIONSHIPS / BUSINESS PARTNERSHIP:
- As part of the 1st Line of Defense, the ability to find the right balance that achieves the aims of the business while managing Citi’s risk appropriately
- Understanding the nuances of local markets, local regulation, and the capabilities and practices of competitors
- Navigate organizational complexity and break silos
- Create and sustain a network of strong partnerships with the business in all segments & geographies and risk functions
- Provide well-reasoned, balanced assessments of risk/return trade-offs associated with transactions and client relationships
- Proven track record of partnering with global peers in leveraging and implementation of best practices
- 10+ years of corporate banking, credit risk and/or corporate finance work experience at banks/financial institutions
- Candidates with less experienced but outstanding track record could be consider for the role as VP/C13
- Senior Credit Officer designation (or similar) is preferred
- Demonstrates strong ethics and integrity
- Ability to see the ‘big picture’ in a complex environment
- Can make decisions under pressure and short timeline
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills. Active listening skills.
- Demonstrated influencing and negotiating ability, resolve conflicts amongst various constituencies
- Excellent presentation skills – adept at presenting effectively to audiences of various sizes and various constituencies
Client Service Officer
- Have direct day to day interaction with the customers
- Manages a portfolio of client relationships and ensures clients are satisfied with and trained on products and services
- Ensures customer inquiries are answered in an efficient and timely manner, maintaining compliance with departmental standards
- Communicate resolutions to clients
- For Global relationships, coordinating efforts with Service Delivery partners around EMEA to resolve client inquiries.
- Provide clients with regular and ad hoc MIS/Service Reviews to enable them to understand their transactional and inquiry activity. Host review calls to discuss and analyze these reports.
- Oversee the roadmap for a successful relationship with a client by understanding the client’s service needs and gaps in delivery
- Support monitoring of Customer Feedback through VoC (Voice of the Client Survery)
- Channeling customer feedback to the unit head and the relationship managers as well as identifying sensitive customer issues and escalating the same in line with the escalation process.
- Conduct necessary analyses to address client needs
- Develop and maintain client portfolio through regular calls and face to face interaction, as needed
- Inform clients about problems (system failures, market issues) and provide regular resolution updates
- Appropriately assess risk when making decisions, ensuring compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Excellent communication skills : verbal and written
- Client focused – (Meet and exceed expectations)
- Consistently deliver high-quality customer service with focus on building client relationship
- Delivers quality results – Ability to influence stakeholders to achieve results
- Superior investigative and analytical skills with proven ability to understand and interpret statistics and metrics
Skills and Knowledge:
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to plan and organize efficiently (prioritize)
- Technical competence with MS office applications
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Proven record of process improvement
- Organizational skills
- Crisis Management skills
- Accountable and self-reliant
- Excellent time management & prioritization skills
- Influencing and persuasion skills
- Bachelor’s/University degree with a minimum second Class Honors Upper Division or equivalent.
New Global Cross Currency Sales (AVP/VP)
Key Responsibilities and Goals:
Transactor – Individual Contributor
- Lead complex cross border deals or be part of a team working on the overall cash management strategy for the client. Prepare client cash management sales closing pitches/presentations for cross-border deals.
- Clear and objective deal win and revenue targets by build a pipeline of cross border flow deals.
- Main point of contact for won deals to move quickly to implementation and revenue recognition. Work with implementations to ensure deals closed are implemented effectively and efficiently to ensure revenue realisation and ramp-up.
- Develop target list of under penetrated names on their cross-border flows to actively focus on growing the business through unsolicited proposals. This includes at least 12 data led opportunities annually.
- Meet all Sales Management goals tied to pipeline management i.e. CRM, Deal Review and Implementation Project Kick-Offs. This will be measured through CRM pipeline & wins.
- Between 12-15 case studies preparation annually and 1-2 client awards submissions (EuroFinance, Adam Smith etc).
- Part of Account Planning process with coverage bankers, TTS Sales team and FX Sales team to identify cross border sales opportunities from their respective portfolios and support the origination, through the development of thought leadership material.
- Enhance Client Experience and understand/report reasons for incliners/decliners of cross-border fee + FX revenues for the region or portfolio of clients being covered.
Leadership – Global Cross-border Sales Champion
- Be the single contact point for a single client segment globally from a cross border flows perspective i.e. FI, NBFI, Fintech, Corporates, Commercial Bank, Public Sector, eCommerce.
- Partner with the data and market management team to influence the wider TTS Sales team for the specific client segment on Data led origination within the specific client segment.
- Knowledge champion for that client segment globally i.e. share best practices, content creation/sharing, center of excellence for the client as a trusted adviser, internal revenue client engagement & revenue recognition partnership with FX etc. Effectively – understand and specialize in your client segment globally in-depth and help the wider TTS Sales team globally win cross-border sales deals within that client segment by providing bespoke solutions and tailor-made pricing. One-stop shop – global RFPs, pricing, solutions, best practices, client references within client segment, guidance on documentation/connectivity/implementation based on experience etc
- Partnership with corresponding FX sales partner (deals, data, challenges/issues resolution, monthly reviews, client engagement etc), regional cross-border ambassadors by having a joint KPI for your client segment.
- Key contact point for Feedback loop to product team on investment spend requirements, themes etc within that client segment. Actively share with Product Management Team new developments within the market updates and the competitive environment.
- Champion and lead approved initiatives for Cross-border e.g. sector focus within your client segment, specific flows focus, internal reporting alignment initiatives etc.
- Attend regular team and sales management meetings.
There is a potential for significant travel regionally or globally for this role and frequently working with colleagues across different zones.
What we are looking for:
- An experienced strategic individual who has strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A leader with a vision for their respective client segment with a focus on cross border transactions. Having industry experience is a plus.
- Building partnerships across the Citi network and collaborating to enhance client cross border flows share of wallet
- You must demonstrate that you are able to build a culture of responsible finance, good governance and supervision, expense discipline and ethics.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citi, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Advanced Cash Management product knowledge. Deep knowledge in foreign exchange and/or digitization of payments/receivables is a plus
- Client facing experience and ability to develop relationships (internally and externally) and execute transactions. Min 3-5 years experience
- Proven track record working in a TTS Sales or coverage environment
- Market and Industry awareness with business admin and/or macro-economic background
- Data analytics and understanding of how to create use cases
- Analytical skills especially to prepare crisp proposals
- Numerical skills for data analytics
- Communication and influencing skills
- Ability to present to clients and wider sales teams in the bank
- Presentation skills to build tailor-made presentations
- Collating skills for a multi-country presentation & proposal
- Multilingual is a plus
- Undergraduate Degree (preferably 1st class
- Cash Management certification (where relevant)
- Masters Degree – MBA, Finance, Economics (desirable)