Clinical Nurse – Theatre
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Patient care: Provide holistic patient care, including physical, mental, and social wellbeing
- Respond to emergencies: Instantly respond to medical emergency and immediately alerting the senior nurse on duty and doctor on duty.
- Administer Medication: Administer prescribed medicine to patients either orally and parenterally and there offer monitoring patients for side effects.
- Monitoring of vital signs: Monitor and document vital signs, hydration status and conduct diagnostic tests. In the case of abnormal finding and seek help from the senior nurses or the doctor on duty.
- Assist in Surgical operation: Prepare patient for complex procedures and assist doctors during the procedures as prescribed.
- Waste management: Dispose of clinical and non-clinical waste safely in accordance with MP Shah Hospital IPC Guidelines on waste management.
- Customer care – Educate patients and family members on treatments and care plans. Answer all of patients and family member questions.
- Liaise with other medical professionals: Work with other medical professional such as surgeons, physicians and physiotherapists that are treating the patient, updating them on the patient status, and receive orders or patient care recommendations.
- Perform routine procedures: Conduct routine activities such as safety checks, IV insertion urinary catheterization and changing of wound dressing.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Diploma in nursing
- Higher Diploma in Kenya Registered Perioperative Nursing.
- Must be a qualified and Registered Nurse (RN/RM/KRCHN/BSN).
- Must have a valid licensure from the Nursing Council of Kenya.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates in the above position are encouraged to forward their CVs and application letters to email@example.com on or before 26th January 2024.