Get a job with NGOs, the UN & International Organisations
Earn a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree
Find details here
Biostatistics jobs, Epidemiology jobs, Public Health jobs, International Development jobs, Economics jobs, Business Administration jobs, Communications jobs, Public Administration jobs, Social Sciences jobs,
- Support the key team on documentation of best practices and reports and best practices
- Responsible for developing, supporting and promoting the program goal through messages development, social media content creation, media outreach, developing and disseminating materials that increase the program visibility, creating strategies to effectively engage beneficiaries and quality reporting.
- Responsible for branding and marking
- In charge of all communication issues for all project s
- The advisor to the program on all compliance issues to do with branding and marking
- Will play a key role in supporting the COP and team in engaging the county in private partnerships
- Maintaining &updating fundraising database of donor contacts.
- Work closely with the Executive Director COP, DCOP and Managers to ensure that all donor reports are prepared to quality standards in compliance with contractual obligations, maintaining a tracking system to ensure that all reporting deadlines are met.
- Raise awareness of AMURT via its services, successes and plans in Kenya and Africa through digital and social media platforms, the press, etc.
- Coordinate and manage AMURT’s communication channels and materials including print, video, publications, website maintenance and social media activities to raise the profile of AMURT among various target audience including donors, development partners, farmer associations.
- At least a degree in Business Administration, Communications, Public Administration, Social Sciences, Development Studies or a related course from an accredited institution.
- A minimum of 5years’ relevant working experience in fundraising, with proof of having raised substantial long-term funding from a broad range of sources including corporate, local and international donors.
- Experience in development and implementation of a fundraising/resource mobilization strategy.
- Experience in writing project concept notes and proposals
- Experience in monitoring, implementation and reporting of project activities.
- Relevant training in resource mobilization / fundraising.
- Strategic approach: Ability to contribute to the development of AMURT’s fundraising approach with regards to the donor community and to develop fundraising tools and mechanisms, whilst ensuring that AMURT’s reputation for integrity and institutional independence are upheld and enhanced.
- Creativity and innovation: Ability to develop and adapt innovative approaches and replicable strategies for fundraising, through the analysis of trends and experience and the consideration of lessons learnt.
- Adapting and responding to change: Ability to challenge and question common resource mobilization practices and previous approaches, to adapt to changing circumstances and needs, and to identify and prioritize valued projects.
- Planning and organizing skills: Ability to coordinate and facilitate timely reporting of results and successes to donors and other key stakeholders.
- Communication skills: Ability to make presentations that catch and maintain audience interest; and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills: a) Ability to build networks and strategic alliances and maintain relationships with key donors and other partners, with tact and sensitivity, b) Ability to develop detailed knowledge and understanding of priorities and the areas of interest of partners whilst sensitizing them to AMURT programmatic activities.
- Proficiency in using Windows Operating System as well as Microsoft Office applications (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
(NOTE: Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree or Masters working with NGOs and the UN. Get More Details Here.)
- Have strong relationship management.
- Excellent time management.
- Team player with excellent negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload and demonstrate deliverables/outcomes.
- Good understanding of financial management and reporting processes.
- Ensure Tujietegemee MEAL systems comply with both AMURT policies, procedures, standards, and strategic initiatives, as well as core team standards
- Participate in the development and standardization of forms and tools to collect relevant disaggregated data on project monitoring indicators, effects, and impacts using AMURT’ SMILER methodology (Simple Measurement of Indicators for Learning and Evidence-based Reporting).
- Develop data flow and reporting maps, and templates to ensure the appropriate information arrives to the right program staff in a timely and efficient manner.
- Support the development of tools to track progress on sustainability plans at the organizational/institutional levels, and benchmarks for household graduation/transition.
- Systematically collect, validate, and analyze data and ensure that it is accurate and of the highest quality by conducting annual data quality assessments.
- Review relevant data collection systems as implemented by partners, to ensure rigor and appropriateness of practices.
- Work closely with other Tujietegemee staff to produce high-quality data and progress reports as per the reporting intervals (monthly, quarterly, semi-annually, annually)
- Support Tujietegemee technical staff to design and implement assessments, gender analysis, stakeholder analysis, organizational capacity assessments, and other data collection and analysis activities.
- Participate and support in the Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) to improve effectiveness of service delivery. Ensure project evaluations (baseline, mid-term, final) are organized and managed in a timely and quality manner.
- Ensure evaluation results are communicated to project stakeholders and used to enhance learning and improve interventions.
- Ensure that all project monitoring arrangements comply with the project and donor agreements and ensure that agreements are concretely operationalized.
- Work with other Tujietegemee staff to identify community defined indicators that will show sutto iccess in the eyes of the project beneficiaries
- Work with other Tujietegemee staff to set up feedback and response mechanisms that will allow the project to receive and respond to feedback from the project beneficiaries
- Support Tujietegemee technical staff to develop a learning agenda and design associated operations research.
- Support the documentation of lessons learned, best practices, program data, evaluations, and other information to generate donor communication pieces, success stories, case studies, and other high-quality, results-based documentation.
- Ensure project lessons learned are captured and used in future similar projects including uploading and upgrading of program documentation on AMURT Gateway.
- Facilitate the use of Tujietegemee project data by partners, staff, and other stakeholders to inform decision-making and to identify lessons learned and promising practices.
- Participate in the assessment of MEAL capacity of local partner staff, develop and implement capacity improvement plans in line with gaps identified
- On-site capacity building of program and partner staff implementing Tujietegemee project, including but not limited to staff with dedicated MEAL responsibilities, that will include formal and on-the job staff training
- Distance support to field offices and partner teams implementing Tujietegemee project through document reviews, emails and conversations which provide tools, resources, and practical advice on assessments, MEAL system setup, and improvements to MEAL practices
- Assist in developing digital data collection systems, where appropriate.
- Support the use of technology for monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in biostatistics, epidemiology, public health, international development, economics or related field; a Master’s degree in M&E would be an added advantage
- Five years of relevant professional experience in project-level MEAL, including development of data flow maps, data collection tools, reporting forms, and project databases
- Experience in designing and implementation of mixed method evaluation plans
- Thorough familiarity with principles and current approaches to project monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning
- Excellent analytic and computer skills; skilled in MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Access
- Experience in using data analysis software, preferably SPSS and STATA
- Skills in developing project M&E databases desired
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as good judgment and vision
- Excellent organizational skills, team work and ability to prioritize tasks in a timely manner
- Sound coordination skills and a demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Demonstrates diplomacy, flexibility, and resourcefulness
- Strong critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with and in teams.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office).